Wigan Athletic deducted 3 points (P33)

How unfortunate that Parry just can't keep his mouth shut...
It's unfortunate but not surprising when you consider his track record at UEFA and for many years before that. He managed to leave the UEFA Investigations Committee just as the shit hit the fan and land a top job at the EFL. The fact that he is running the EFL tells you all you need to know about football governance.

Staggering, if that information about the bet on relegation is true. The EFL are completely incompetent.

@Prestwich_Blue Whatever the rights or wrongs of the Newcastle takeover and I don't want to derail this one, the EFL are really dragging out their decision over it and yet here, despite everything indicating criminality, they approve it in record time. It beggars belief. To me as an outsider at least, it seems a set up from the start. (the takeover from Whelan) They have picked a 'small' club who would not attract much interest when it goes bust but who have had a big enough history to make it seem a genuine project. If they had taken over Rochdale they would not have been able to move as much money around in loans etc and yet throughout they have had little or no scrutiny from the so called guardians of the game, the EFL.

This is the club that used to play infront of a couple of hundred fans, who used a sugar daddies money won cups, and then voted for FFP thus ruining everybody else`s chance of following in their footsteps , proper scumbag club

I accept what you say but it does not excuse what the EFL have not done, proper checks on owners, and therefore it does not stop it happening to another club who perhaps have decent fans, decent owners and proper traditions

@Prestwich_Blue Whatever the rights or wrongs of the Newcastle takeover and I don't want to derail this one, the EFL are really dragging out their decision over it and yet here, despite everything indicating criminality, they approve it in record time. It beggars belief. To me as an outsider at least, it seems a set up from the start. (the takeover from Whelan) They have picked a 'small' club who would not attract much interest when it goes bust but who have had a big enough history to make it seem a genuine project. If they had taken over Rochdale they would not have been able to move as much money around in loans etc and yet throughout they have had little or no scrutiny from the so called guardians of the game, the EFL.
There's been an awful lot of money laundering going on in the lower leagues, including the two tiers under the EFL. Allegedly. Clubs like Chester, Barrow have been implicated.

I am sure a few shall be along shortly to tell us how it’s all a big mistake and that something like this couldn’t possibly happen.

No such thing as corruption! It’s all in our heads!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.