Wigan Athletic gone into administration

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Didsbury Dave, 1 Jul 2020.

1. lonestay

lonestay

The points would. But if Wigan didn't get relegated this season then the rather larger bet would have been lost due to the fact they didn't get relegated this season . The bet and the end of this season is the main driver here, not the 12 point deduction .

Mad Eyed Screamer likes this.
  2. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

See the post above this one!

3. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

Why has Rick Parry not been arrested for fraud?

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Bluemoon dan

Bluemoon dan

Funny you should mention Rochdale in this. They have been fending off a takeover attempt from an American consortium over the past few months that appears very odd on the face of it. I fear that Covid has made an awful lot of lower league clubs incredibly vulnerable to takeovers from people looking to make a quick buck through any means possible.

5. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Team supported:
    just give me equality
    This is surely where Parry and his crew should be stepping in and helping out. What exactly does he do for the shed loads of money he gets ? it seems he sits on his fat arse, waits for it to go wrong and simply tuts, deducts 12 points and says oh well. This clown is in charge of a huge chunk of our national game, it seems the crooks are looking to pick it dry and he is doing squat.

6. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

The new owner must be a dick brain.
    He bought the bloody club at the start of June for goodness sake so he must have known the situation tge club was in.
    The only alternative is betting corruption and I can't see bookies paying out if their is any whiff of forcng the club to get relegated to win a bet.

Last edited: 4 Jul 2020
  7. PannickAtTheDisco

PannickAtTheDisco

Now the sticking plaster is peeling off I can only hope some honourable pull the whole bandage away on what they're covering up in this country.

Blue Mist likes this.
  8. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

that’s one of the main problems. Lots of people in places like Wigan choose to support city, united or Liverpool. They’d probably be fine with more local support.

it’s the same for all the greater Manchester teams. Stockport, Rochdale, Macc. I include myself as part of that problem. I go to County games when I can, but I choose to mainly follow city through my dad/ family.

most the people I sit with at the ethihad are from the surrounding towns - not Manchester

9. Claytop

Claytop

You need to read the twitter thread, the new owner was the old owner.

10. VOOMER

VOOMER

And que the music