Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

Just gives us more time to rest players and focus on champions league..cups trophy’s meh to me anywhere. As long as we win the league I’ll be happy.

Let’s be honest Wigan didn’t play well. You can’t play well with 18% possession against 10 men. We got sucker punched from a bizarre mistake. I don’t wish the fuckers well and it’s not a fairy story for the cup. Taylor is a cheat and that was never more evident than when he swapped the yellow for red. I hope we learn from tonight and it makes us angry and ruthless.

I'll take the title.
I'll take a double.
I'll even take a treble.

The season is far from over.

The quadruple was always going to be a long shot.

Win on Sunday and we'll forget about tonight.

And as others have stated, we can now rest the players.

And we don't have to fork out for another 2 possible Wembley trips.

What concerns me more than anything is how ordinary we look when KDB doesn't start. I don't think we've won a single match in regulation when he hasn't started - and most of those matches were against crap teams. And we haven't looked good in any of them.

If the guy is as bent as you claim he is then you are a complete and utter tit of a player if you go launching into a tackle like that and invite him to make another poor decision....which is exactly what Delph did. Sadly for us all.
Two players running towards each other for the ball. What's Delph supposed to do ? Nothing like the scything assaults from the side we've been taking. So, in 2018 you can take a City players legs away from the side on numerous occasions with impunity, but a City player isn't allowed to run towards the ball when it's there to be won ? Had Delph backed out of the challenge he would have been roundly criticised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.