Wild Garlic? Does it grow near you?

Magicpole

Team supported
Celtic
This time of the year is Wild Garlic time. Where I live it grows abundantly in local woods and I always take it and use in cooking, put it in salads, soups, make infused oil, and a pesto that is that good I'm actually teary as I think about it. I was wondering if you lot, know what it is, and if it grows near you? If the answer to the first question is I don't know, then look it up, to the second, Google it to find it 8f it's does indeed grow in your area.

I could list all the healthy stuff in it, but that would take too long and ruin the surprise if you decide to find out if it grows near you and how to use it. If you are one of those heathens that don't like garlic of any description, you need to take your pasty face and move on.

Every bit of it can be eaten. Including the buds of the not yet opened flowers, these can be pickled or eaten as is, or, when the flowers have opened they are beautiful and tasty, great in salads.

The pesto, how to make it I will put up if any **** is interested. I would recommend if it's available you try it. Apart from anything else foraging for it usually involves a great walk in beautiful woods, although it grows here not just in woods, so it may be the same near you.

I went to the woods the othe day and picked a lot of it, it was quite windy but in the woods it was calm and sunny, so I planted my arse and watched pheasants cutting about before taking a big bag full.

As I always wish you lot good health, using this great stuff will help.

I did attempt to put a couple of photos up, but, it's telling me the photo's aee too large. So, you will just need to take my word for it.

Here is a look at the health benefits for this great stuff

Last edited:
This time of the year is Wild Garlic time. Where I live it grows abundantly in local woods and I always take it and use in cooking, put it in salads, soups, make infused oil, and a pesto that is that good I'm actually teary as I think about it. I was wondering if you lot, know what it is, and if it grows near you? If the answer to the first question is I don't know, then look it up, to the second, Google it to find it 8f it's does indeed grow in your area.

I could list all the healthy stuff in it, but that would take too long and ruin the surprise if you decide to find out if it grows near you and how to use it. If you are one of those heathens that don't like garlic of any description, you need to take your pasty face and move on.

Every bit of it can be eaten. Including the buds of the not yet opened flowers, these can be pickled or eaten as is, or, when the flowers have opened they are beautiful and tasty, great in salads.

The pesto, how to make it I will put up if any **** is interested. I would recommend if it's available you try it. Apart from anything else foraging for it usually involves a great walk in beautiful woods, although it grows here not just in woods, so it may be the same near you.

I went to the woods the othe day and picked a lot of it, it was quite windy but in the woods it was calm and sunny, so I planted my arse and watched pheasants cutting about before taking a big bag full.

I did attempt to put a couple of photos up, but, it's telling me the photo's aee too large. So, you will just need to take my word for it.

It's a smell I always associate with going fishing in Ireland with my late dad in May every year. As we drove down the country lane to the house we rented we'd leave the windows of the car open so the delicious scent would waft in.

3ic84xdcxia11.jpg

:)

Yeah, I pick and use it. Also dead head nettles this time of year which are actually a part of the mint family

Tons of it in the local park I walk the dog in. Love the smell as you walk through the woods.

It's a smell I always associate with going fishing in Ireland with my late dad in May every year. As we drove down the country lane to the house we rented we'd leave the windows of the car open so the delicious scent would waft in.
The aroma where it grows in numbers is brilliant. I didn't intend to spend much time in the woods, but it was lovely and the smell just insisted I plank my arse and sit for a while. I did. It was nearly a year since I did the same last year as the covid lockdown happened. Hooefully next year that **** will be if not eradicated then at least defeated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.