Wilfried Bony Disappointment

supercity88

Not sure where to put this thread but I'm seriously angry at the club this morning.

I don't know how many of you are aware, but there was a competition whereby the first 50 people to buy a Wilfried Bony shirt would be invited to meet him. My son was desperate to meet him as he likes his style of play (he was a big fan of Negredo too).

Anyway, I bought my son a shirt and was informed via email from the club that we would be able to meet him - we were the 50th to buy a shirt so we scraped it.

As you can imagine, my son was over the moon. With work and other things, I don't get to spend too much time with him and so I must say I was looking forward to it as well.

BUT...

Today I get a phone call from the club telling me they have to withdraw my invitation because someone else was actually the 50th...

I couldn't believe it! They said they were contacted by someone who was adamant they won the competition and that they re-checked and had wrongly misplaced them. This is absolute bollocks, and I know they are lying. It's just another example of the club cancelling an event certain fans would enjoy.

I can't see why anyone would call the club and claim they had won something, when the club would clearly let them know if they were indeed winners and if you don't hear from the club, you haven't won. It's simple. They also told me this "other kid" was 12 and his Dad was very insistent that they had won. Started complaining about the lack of posters on sale as well, though I don't know why they told me that.

Anyway... I'm sick of the club treating us like this. If anyone could tell me how I can contact the club that would be much appreciated. Though I've taken the time to write this, I can't be bothered to use google or go on mcfc.co.uk.

The Cellar is in desperate need of some new ideas when it comes to threads..........

I think we all realise 'plain speaking' has won this years numpty award already....without need for another thread.

FantasyIreland said:
I think we all realise 'plain speaking' has won this years numpty award already....without need for another thread.

Are you sure he's won it?

I don't want him getting disappointed again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.