Will all teams park the bus against us from now on? (merged)

Re: Will all teams park the bus against us from now on?

Without an early goal, it's ugly watching this shit.

Shooting from outside the box helps though.

Many do already and have done for a while.

Many times we end up scoring against these teams that do it because tactically we change it, start hitting crosses into the box and more often than not we score from them. Usually Dzeko but in this case Barry.

The "parked bus" can be beaten, I can't understand why Mancini waits so long before utilizing the tactic that breaks it down and gets results. Look back at the goals Dzeko has scored this season, how many have been through crosses, corners and so on. Basically direct play.

As has been said also, when teams are just sat back start hitting shots. They can deflect for corners or even goals, hand balls or anything. Instead we keep trying to pass it around them and eventually just get crowded out or lose it.

id say no only the very bottom teams when we are at home, a first half goal allways sorts the problem out which we tend to get

this is what could cost us.. teams parking the bus. Not many park it against united which is why they normally win comfortablly

I know I certainly would, if Reading can almost snatch a point I bet at least some of the leagues teams are thinking it's the only way to grab something from us. We need to figure out a better way to play against it than we currently have.

Too slow and too narrow

However i do feel that the team seems to think that thye can just roll teams over especially at home

Reading parked the bus but to be fair when they had some decent breaks and when they did they broke with speed

Players need to sort themselves out to be honest especially Setgio and Tevez they are missing far far too many opportunities

One problem today was the lack of overlapping fullbacks. Zab did it a bit but rekik offered zero going forward and when he did get up, the players didn't pass to him. Felt a bit sorry for him as although he did nothing wrong, I thought he was the wrong choice today.

Sinclair is a headless chicken though so I can see why Mancini doesn't pick him much.

mcfcallo said:
this is what could cost us.. teams parking the bus. Not many park it against united which is why they normally win comfortablly

Absolutely .......

Readings defending against United last month was laughable , and nowhere near up to the standard they showed today .....

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
One problem today was the lack of overlapping fullbacks. Zab did it a bit but rekik offered zero going forward and when he did get up, the players didn't pass to him. Felt a bit sorry for him as although he did nothing wrong, I thought he was the wrong choice today.

Sinclair is a headless chicken though so I can see why Mancini doesn't pick him much.

I was thinking the same. When only one of four fullbacks are available. We can be bogged down without an early goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.