Will Arsenal Get The Same Response?

nashark said:
To be fair to Wenger, he got his tactics spot on tonight.

It's sad to see a tie with such enormous potential ruined by your typical 'home side' referee.

Unlucky Arsenal.
He certainly did. But there will be no media-backlash on Wenger like there was against us. Like Damocles said, maybe if Wenger was Italian, then there might be a little disturbance. But no, it will be a brave performance instead.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
nashark said:
To be fair to Wenger, he got his tactics spot on tonight.

It's sad to see a tie with such enormous potential ruined by your typical 'home side' referee.

Unlucky Arsenal.
He certainly did. But there will be no media-backlash on Wenger like there was against us. Like Damocles said, maybe if Wenger was Italian, then there might be a little disturbance. But no, it will be a brave performance instead.

I would agree with that.

However, to say that Wenger got his tactics wrong because he didn't go out guns blazing is bitter.

people need to look at it from their own point of view.

if city went there tonight and was a goal ahead, would you of moaned if mancini played an attacking teamand we got beat 4 or 5-0? course you would.

would you of tried to play to keep it 0-0 at HT, still in the lead and going through?

or would you go out, play a team which will get ripped apart and could be venerable at all times?

i remember some on here saying how well we defended at Arsenal and how class we were.

some people change, Arsenal do it despite already having a 1-0 LEAD going into the game, and now it's wrong?

Freestyler said:

if city went there tonight and was a goal ahead, would you of moaned if mancini played an attacking teamand we got beat 4 or 5-0? course you would.

would you of tried to play to keep it 0-0 at HT, still in the lead and going through?

or would you go out, play a team which will get ripped apart and could be venerable at all times?

i remember some on here saying how well we defended at Arsenal and how class we were.

some people change, Arsenal do it despite already having a 1-0 LEAD going into the game, and now it's wrong?

No, I think Arsenal had the right tactics, just as we did against them and United.

My problem is the difference in media and fan perception.

Damocles said:
Freestyler said:

No, I think Arsenal had the right tactics, just as we did against them and United.

My problem is the difference in media and fan perception.

I think an argument could be made for playing those tactics against Arsenal away, but against United at home (if that's the one you're on about), we put in one our worst performances of the season.

I agree about the media.

jay_mcfc said:
nashark said:
against United at home (if that's the one you're on about), we put in one our worst performances of the season.

Not by a long shot mate

Well go on then. Which performances were worse?

Looking back at the fixtures, the only worse performances were against Wolves away (by far our worst) and Birmingham away.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
nashark said:
Well go on then. Which performances were worse?

Looking back at the fixtures, the only worse performances were against Wolves away (by far our worst) and Birmingham away.

West Brom away, Carling Cup.

I knew some pedant would bring that up.

I would say the result against WBA was, for the management, desirable. And considering the players that were on the pitch, I don't think it should be included.

I think you'll struggle to find games where we've been worse than against United. Even Birmingham at home, we were much much better.

I quoted the response i got back from an arse fan after they played us and what the difference was
Meerkat said:
Good old Mat was waiting for u, u can talk about parking the bus, we got pushed back and couldn't do no more but atleast we scored and had a chance if it wasn't for Bentner to knock them out! At the end of the day we are the Arsenal and stand proud, we done well and it was a great performance over two legs and lost by one goal against a team with 6 world cup winners one finalist and best player in the world so not bad really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.