Will City win the league next season?

I think next season will be a huge test of Pep. My own view is if you are to have a chance your defence needs sorted. I was reading up here that when VVD was with us, you were looking at him but decided not to put a bid in. Even though you have spent more on one defender than we have our team, to me, it's not fit for purpose and hasn't been for a few years.

So, yes if you fix the defence and no if you don't.

We have got an unbelievable wealth of talent upfront and in midfield. We are vulnerable in defence. Have been for a season or two. I turn up at The Etihad thinking we are gonna outscore most opponents but against teams that we need to deny every single point we have been vulnerable. Yer don't win a title with an 'iffy' defence.

If we improve the defence, and start putting our chances away, we have a good chance

Not sure with Covid. We are desperate for a few new players but I don’t see any clubs splashing the cash. Maybe we can justify sane cash if he goes. I see us & Liverpool fighting it out regardless.

We need to win CL this year. Only 4 games to win to be Champions of Europe, even 3 would do in few scenarios. Pep is not great in two game ties, he overthinks, but in one game, we're better than anyone. we'll never have that chance again. And David would have the best goodbye possible. If we do that, anything we win next year is very welcomed bonus.

the summer or should i say the mid autumn transfer window will be the judge on who wins the league next season. city must fill the hole in the centre of defence because playing a cover midfield player again will kills us. so one maybe 2 defenders is top of the list then another striker ? front 3 player if sane leaves. then we have the problem called mendy at left back ? will he stay fit or will he be off so left back wing back will need looking at

so money is there and players leaving and freeing up some room ? then the season should belong to one player PHIL FODEN and all the talk must stop and the talking turning to his match stats and goals. i see a great future in the lad both at city and england

I think a lot depends upon the outcome of the FFP issue - if we are exonerated then I can see us riding the feelgood wave to an amazing seaon.

If it is upheld then we might be looking at KdB an possibly others leaving. I think it would be such a blow that we would not have a chance at winning the league despite having no chumps games to play.

All up in the air and a complete mess - I am hoping the club's bullishness about the case is justified but are they naive enough to think proof of innocence will be enough?

Think it will be close for next 2 seasons. Big characters leaving in ferna, sane, kun, silva even nico and we havent replaced kompany yet.
Gk - edderson (steffan) solid
Rb - walker cancelo solid
Lb - mendy angelino/zinch questionable
Lcb - laporte (nico sold) needs a backup then solid
Rcb - stones garcia (needs 1st team import) poor
Cdm - rodri ferna (need young backup) solid for 1 more season)
Am - Kdb foden bernado gundogan (if we replaced gundogan next season) solid
Rw - mahrez (need 1 more) lacking
Lw - sterling braaf (need 1 more) lacking
St - jesus kun (need kun replacement) solid for 1 season.
That's quite a lot of settling in for new players over 2 seasons. Including a brand new spine of team and captains. Will we go for tried and tested ie koulibaly alaba mertens etc or young exciting talents like konate teles diaby isak. Either way it's a big turn around and will be great to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.