Will Covid change the world

This is the time that populism comes back to bite everyone on the arse. Boris is not fit to be pm at a time like this and nor is Matt Hancock a capable health secretary. Coupled with Trump in the USA and the world has a big problem.

I can see a huge recession after all of this blows over. Huge job losses are inevitable. Ryanair, EasyJet, BA, Virgin are all facing bankruptcy in a matter of weeks resulting in hundreds of thousands of jobs potentially. We are in for some rough times!

Pluses and minuses, in my view.

For me, I see the positives (in a strange kind of way) that where people have been off-putting VITAL medical/surgical intervention because of 'work commitments' while finally get their shit together.

Of course, it keeps me in work, personally, but the byproduct of that is that people save their own lives.

hopefully it will change how UK spends wealth - my mrs and friends work for NHS and been on its knees for last 15 years.....social care is a joke and UK thinks private companies will sort frail and vulnerable - but care homes closing - child care is a joke and most expensive in world and as for internet and broadband to help people work at home it is 3rd world......BUT UK like to spend on wars, trident,nuclear weapons, £3.5 Billion on a new aircraft carrier.....the rich and powerful get richer and tax relief to buy super boats......TIME UK WOKE UP AND SPENT OUR TAXES ON THINGS THAT MATTER MOST AND TO IMPROVE OUR OVERALL LIFE QUALITY......SO HOPEFULLY THIS VIRUS WILL BE A WAKE UP CALL....BUT I DOUBT IT....
Are you saying don't spend any money on defence ?

hopefully it will change how UK spends wealth - my mrs and friends work for NHS and been on its knees for last 15 years.....social care is a joke and UK thinks private companies will sort frail and vulnerable - but care homes closing - child care is a joke and most expensive in world and as for internet and broadband to help people work at home it is 3rd world......BUT UK like to spend on wars, trident,nuclear weapons, £3.5 Billion on a new aircraft carrier.....the rich and powerful get richer and tax relief to buy super boats......TIME UK WOKE UP AND SPENT OUR TAXES ON THINGS THAT MATTER MOST AND TO IMPROVE OUR OVERALL LIFE QUALITY......SO HOPEFULLY THIS VIRUS WILL BE A WAKE UP CALL....BUT I DOUBT IT....
Won't happen - it will be spun as the fault of the virus rather than under investment in the NHS. I'm actually quite concerned that if this pushes the nhs to/beyond breaking point it will be seized upon as 'proof' that the nhs doesn't work and to usher in the private sector.

On another thread we’ve yet again got populism, Trump, the Tories, Trident etc. mentioned.

I often wonder if there’s anything that some people won’t use to attack their political opponents.

Just read that ISIS have told it's nutters to stay out of Europe so yeah, hopefully, it will change the world.
youd think the opposite, what a great way to bring down the west, get as many as you can to get it and keep reintroducing it back into society

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.