Will forced landline rental become the new PPI mis-selling ?

Hamann Pineapple

Land lines were initially required when the internet required dial-up to connect. Nowadays with fibre broadband it is neither a necessity or a requirement for the majority of households yet suppliers en masse force customers into this rental. I hope the day comes when they have to pay everyone back like the banks did with the mis-sale of PPI.

no chance. they will tell you it pays for the upkeep of the infrastructure. Makes me laugh when coms companies tell you anything inside the house is chargeable maintenance. which is bullshit, anything upto the main consumer socket is their property.

Loads of 'fibre' connections still come in through your copper wiring, so you do need a landline connection

Land lines were initially required when the internet required dial-up to connect. Nowadays with fibre broadband it is neither a necessity or a requirement for the majority of households yet suppliers en masse force customers into this rental. I hope the day comes when they have to pay everyone back like the banks did with the mis-sale of PPI.

You definitely onto somert here,absolutely bang on I'd say,I mean joking apart who really uses landline at home much these days,we don't that's for sure,big con

And why does it cost almost as much to supply water as it does electricity.
(In case nobody noticed you don't need to generate water!)

I think the mis selling is when companies advertise you can have unlimited broadband for as an example £6.99 per month and they fail to mention that you have to pay £15 line rental to qualify
They should be telling you that the cost is £21.99

I think they have started to do that now to be fair

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.