Will handshaking become a thing of the past?

People with limp handshakes are not to be trusted. They either have limp personalities, they’re disrespecting you, or they’re up to summet.

Also don’t like it when people don’t look you in the eye when they shake your hand.

Also don’t like it when people try and do daft fingers on top handshakes with me... I’m British for fuck’s sake, not some snide Yank, shake my hand properly!

Much prefer someone to be up front and squeeze fuck out of my hand while looking me in the eye. They might well be saying “feel this you ****” but at least you can read them and they’re being up front. Shows a trustworthiness.

A first handshake from someone makes my mind up on whether I like them or not. And through experience first handshakes are remarkably accurate to what someone’s personality is like!
As comfortable with bodily effluents as I am, not a big fan of touching other blokes’s skin. Especially hands. I can feel way too much of them.

And I tend to concentrate on getting right - missing a handshake is way too uncomfortable (like missing a hi-five), so whether I look them in the eye or not may vary as to my confidence in their physical dexterity or whether I’ve been on the pop...etc etc.
That also makes me feel like I’m either about to challenge them with a stare out or make a loving connection, neither of which I find are particularly useful to me so early on.

Personally I don’t give a f*ck about most of the etiquette, nor it disappearing - though I agree, it is intriguing.

Happier to hug and back slap with those I do have some connection to and the faintest head nod of respect to those I don’t.

As comfortable with bodily effluents as I am, not a big fan of touching other blokes’s skin. Especially hands. I can feel way too much of them.

And I tend to concentrate on getting right - missing a handshake is way too uncomfortable (like missing a hi-five), so whether I look them in the eye or not may vary as to my confidence in their physical dexterity or whether I’ve been on the pop...etc etc.
That also makes me feel like I’m either about to challenge them with a stare out or make a loving connection, neither of which I find are particularly useful to me so early on.

Personally I don’t give a f*ck about most of the etiquette, nor it disappearing - though I agree, it is intriguing.

Happier to hug and back slap with those I do have some connection to and the faintest head nod of respect to those I don’t.
Agreed - never been comfortable with touching a strangers skin with a handshake - especially knowing the average males aversion to washing their hands after having a piss down the pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.