Will Hart play for England again?

He will be in the World Cup squad because you have to take 3 GK’s if I recall and Southgate will want his experience.

I don’t think he will play for England again though, for me it’s Pickford’s to lose.

Butland isn’t good enough with the ball at his feet to play the way Southgate wants, which seems to be trying to emulate as much from Pep, Pochettino and Klopp as much as possible as that is how the CB’s from those clubs representing England play.

It seems that Pep saw what none of us could see, a player well past his peak. Shame. He's been a magnificent servant to City over the years and I'd prefer to remember his golden years with us, not battling for a place in a relegation-threatened club.
Mancini wanted him replaced tbf

Will Hart play in the Premier League again might be a more pertinent question.

He's better than Forster and Butland (not seen enough of Pickford) and on his day, he's a top goalkeeper albeit an old school one. Recently, he's become error prone plus the media have focused on his errors more than anyone else than the league so it's been magnified a bit. It used to frustrate me watching him kick it long all the time but recently he's tried to play out from the back a bit more. He had a good game against Brazil (with the ball at this feet too) but that said, Pep was right to give rid of him (even though Bravo is worse than him) and we are a far, far better team with Ederson in goal. By no means though is he a terrible goalkeeper.

Probably not, and it will all be city's fault for ruining another England international's career, well according to the media, Hart reminds me a lot of Nicky Weaver, good keeper but both seem to get very arrogant when they thought they had made it and both went downhill after that

Unfortunately, I think Joe's days as a top 'keeper are numbered. He seems to have gone from bad to worse since he left City.

I expect him to go to the World Cup, as he will be able, at the very least, to provide plenty of advice for the much younger stoppers - should Butland and Pickford be the others selected - that are in the squad.

In his prime, Joe Hart was a fantastic goalkeeper for Manchester City and he had many brilliant performances for us, the best of which, IMHO, was away to Spurs in the first game of the 2010/11 season.

He was phenomenal that day.

Pickford for me. Joe has always looked dodgy. To me, if a ball is coming into the 6 yard box, the keeper has to come and try to get. Joe would invariably back off to his line and concede. Used to do my Swede in. My mucker loved him though and many is the drunken argument we had over him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.