Will heading a ball ever get banned in football?

I wouldn't say it's like heading a balloon, but being pelted with one of them at 80mph will still hurt! I was never keen heading a ball, it sent a shudder everytime. In 30 years time I will have the brains of Wayne Rooney
I'm from the age group that played with Casey's mate and by fuck, heading one of them was a bastard, especially if wet and you got the laces on yer napper, believe me, today's footballs are balloons compared to a wet Casey..... Football with no headers, no thanks, the game has been degraded enough with ****s diving and pretending to be injured...!!

Balls today are pretty lightweight, you ever seen that one from Bury winning 6 - 0 in the FA Cup? That'd kill most today, hell, I wouldn't even kick it! Never did Harry Kane any harm though.

I wouldn't say it's like heading a balloon, but being pelted with one of them at 80mph will still hurt! I was never keen heading a ball, it sent a shudder everytime. In 30 years time I will have the brains of Wayne Rooney

I'd be more concerned about being a Spurs fan.

Make it illegal outside the penalty area, just like a keeper using his hands. Simple.

And, there is a movement in the USA, where there is serious problems with top, top American footballers committing suicide and going mental, to completely STOP kids playing it!

The game has died a death in my area, which used to have multiple teams for each age group, and soccer and lacrosse are exploding!

In addition, there is a move to outlaw heading in the younger age groups, perhaps even all the way through high school (18!!).

I think the best compromise is no U-16 heading, and then only in the penalty area...otherwise, the corner kick and the far post cross become meaningless!

Make it illegal outside the penalty area, just like a keeper using his hands. Simple.

And, there is a movement in the USA, where there is serious problems with top, top American footballers committing suicide and going mental, to completely STOP kids playing it!

Surely they shouldn't be allowed to do that kind of thing even in the penalty area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.