Will murray win wimbledon?/ serina appreciation society

Re: Will murray win wimbledon?

Bigga said:
Not sure if he'll win myself. Roddick is a tough cookie to crack. Serves out big bomb aces and his serve and volley technique is pretty sound off the back of it.

Murray will make a game of it, but I think Roddick will win in four sets and probably two of those will be tie breaks(just a guess).

So, no, I don't think Murray will win it, this year. He's only 22, mind, so he has plenty of time on his side...

So astute of you Bigga!

MCFC-alan88 said:
Bigga said:
Not sure if he'll win myself. Roddick is a tough cookie to crack. Serves out big bomb aces and his serve and volley technique is pretty sound off the back of it.

Murray will make a game of it, but I think Roddick will win in four sets and probably two of those will be tie breaks(just a guess).

So, no, I don't think Murray will win it, this year. He's only 22, mind, so he has plenty of time on his side...

So astute of you Bigga!

Thanks.

And some say I over analyse things...!!

MCFC-alan88 said:
aphex said:
oh well, every cloud has a silver lining. time for emmerdale.

Emmerdale is like the smoke on the horizon, not a freaking silver lining, god soaps are shit.
soaps are for saddos

He is a very good player but he won't be a great player.

His game just seems to be lacking that "special" ingredient; mindblowing consistency. Sampras had it, Borg had it, Federer has it. Murray doesn't.

He reminds me in some ways of McEnroe and Agassi in that they were often at the their best when the chips were down. It's just that they were better tennis players on the big occasion.

McEnroe seemed to go through this whole soap opera thing when he was at his peak. He would win a set or two and then would invariably lose the next, almost as if he had to do it to get angry at himself and pysche himself up. Then he would get it together again and play the most magnificent shots.

I can see that in Murray too, but he doesn't have the same ability to really turn a match around once it starts to get beyond him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.