Will murray win wimbledon?/ serina appreciation society

Re: Will murray win wimbledon?

davymcfc said:
maybe my point was proven today. even if feds or nadal dont win. i dont think murray or any brit has the bottle to win when it comes to the bigtime!

Bit unfair, eh?

I think this has been the first year Murray has put his all into Wimbeldon. The last couple he's been extremely immature about it, hence why people don't like him. Taking his journey into adulthood into account, in mark this is his first real attempt and he got into the semis. A feat Henman didn't achieve til he was 24!

Give him time!

Cheesy said:
erocsevil said:
Silly scottish prick. Bottled it on the big occasion. Another 10 years of henman all over again

He's 22 FFS.

Now all you haters have the terrible dilemma of just who to hate in the final.
The nasty,big-serving American imperialist,or the dull Swiss guy with the truly appalling dress-sense.
It must be a real head-fuck,as i'm sure you thought Murray was a cert,and therefore Roddick must have throw you off track by having the audacity to win.
Please let me know who to hate on Sunday,as I just can't make up my mind.

jimharri said:
I hope you're right Bigga, I really do. I just can't see him winning more than one grand slam, if he's lucky. Look at Goran Ivanisevic; a fantastic tennis player on his day (better than Murray), but only with the one grand slam win to show for it. Therefore, using my own rule of thumb (multiple G.S wins), Ivanisevic was not a great. Now it's up to Murray to prove me wrong. Over to him.

Have to disagree on this Jim. Ivanisevic was a bit like Roddick-a player with a great serve but didn't really have all the shots needed to hurt the top players regularly........Murray has them shots in abundance.

I've watched about 90% of Murray's matches over the last 4 years and the progress he has made since he got rid of Brad Gilbert has been frighting, also Murray has said himself that he won't reach his peak for another 2/3 years.

And he's arguably the best hard court player in the world right now and I'll be backing him to win the U.S Open in September, the first of many I'm sure. After all he's won more titles than Federer did at the same age and the majors will come without doubt, just give it time-he's just to good for it not to happen.

Difference between Henamn and Murray - I'm actually surprised Murray lost yesterday.

Never mind, he's now onto his favourite surface for the whole second half of the year, more titles coming up i think.

Cannot stand this scottish idiot. I was chuffed to bits when he was beaten yesterday. He has made it clear on more than one occasion he does not like the English. Therefore, he is fair game as far as I am concerned. How would the sweaty socks respond if an Englishman said that about jockland. I believe this was the best chance he had and he blew it. He wont be able to keep training as hard as he has been for the next few years. It gets harder to win as you get older. I pray he never wins a major because the guy is a complete spoilt little prick.

kevinmcfc said:
Cannot stand this scottish idiot. I was chuffed to bits when he was beaten yesterday. He has made it clear on more than one occasion he does not like the English. Therefore, he is fair game as far as I am concerned. How would the sweaty socks respond if an Englishman said that about jockland. I believe this was the best chance he had and he blew it. He wont be able to keep training as hard as he has been for the next few years. It gets harder to win as you get older. I pray he never wins a major because the guy is a complete spoilt little prick.

Yes kevin - i'm sure he's blown his "best chance".
I mean,once you hit 22,its all downhill,isn't it?
"It gets harder to win as you get older?"
Are you on medication?
You obviously don't like him,(despite this "hating the English" bollocks being disproved as media bullshit),but do try and talk at least a bit of sense.

fetlock just because he was caught out and then says he didn t really mean it etc, does not mean that we will all swallow it

pissedagain said:
fetlock just because he was caught out and then says he didn t really mean it etc, does not mean that we will all swallow it

Oh,ffs grow up.
He made a "tongue in cheek" remark which was meant to be humorous, but seemingly the tabloid "red tops",(y'know - the ones everybody on here says are always making stories up),don't do humour and now he hates the English,according to that paragon of accurate journalism The Sun.
Well,frankly,if you're dumb enough to believe the Sun then there really is no point in debating this further.
He's a working-class kid from Dunblane who has,through natural talent,dedication and hard work,has achieved more than any other Brit has done since Fred Perry.
He is still only 22.
But you blinkered bigots you just carry on your infantile hate-fest.
And people wonder why we get labelled "bitters".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.