Will murray win wimbledon?/ serina appreciation society

Re: Will murray win wimbledon?

PoolHustler said:
davymcfc said:
to be honest i dont think he will ever win a grand slam
Do you even watch tennis!!! The guy is class and will win Grand Slams without a doubt.

the only reason why i said it is because although murray is a class act not only does he have better opponents to beat (nadal and feds) but he has this british mentality where we always seem to bottle it when it comes to the major events. hope i am proved wrong tho. i just think he blew his chance in the french open when nadal was knocked out. i could just tell that murray wouldnt progress.

davymcfc said:
PoolHustler said:
davymcfc said:
Do you even watch tennis!!! The guy is class and will win Grand Slams without a doubt.

the only reason why i said it is because although murray is a class act not only does he have better opponents to beat (nadal and feds) but he has this british mentality where we always seem to bottle it when it comes to the major events. hope i am proved wrong tho. i just think he blew his chance in the french open when nadal was knocked out. i could just tell that murray wouldnt progress.

Sorry but i think you're post is wrong on many levels.

Firstly Nadal's knees are only going to get worse, he plays the game in a ridiculously physical manner and so he will struggle to stay fit in the coming years, in my opinion.

Federer although still a brilliant player, is no doubt in decline now, he can still win Grand Slams, he'll probably win this one but he's not the all dominating force that he used to be. Murray has beaten him regularly over the past year.

Murray does not have a 'typical British' mentality, he has the mentality of a winner, which the British tennis fans have yet to fully embrace, they love the plucky Brit they can get behind in his ulitmately doomed failure to achieve anything, Murray mentally is the total opposite to Henman. Murray has a big match mentality and he'll show it soon.

In the French Open the draw opened nicely for him, but he was never one of the front-runners for the title, he's still played very few matches on clay compared to the other top players on tour, he will only get better on it but it'll always be his weakest surface.

I'm 95% sure he will win at the very least 1 Grand Slam in his career and probably a few more than that.

I hope he does win it.

He's got every chance - he's top class. I watched his match yesterday and you can see why he's now ranked number 3 in the world. It's no fluke.

Yes. he will.
with no nadal this year i think he will and he has beaten federer regularly this year so no reason he cant do it again. come on murray!

I'm hoping for a great final between him and Federer. Hopefully a five setter. I'd like Murray to win but if it's a good match I'm happy.

I have no doubt that he'll win at least one grand-slam tournament. He's very, very good and is getting better. He absolutely battered that bloke the other day. He's in the top class of players with Federer and Nadal, now he has to prove he can do it on the biggest stage.

I genuinely wish him well , and hope he does pull it off , we've waited long enough for a bit of success at Wimbledon ...... but i fear that it'll all end in tears as usual .

davymcfc said:
PoolHustler said:
davymcfc said:

A few stats for you mate...

Federer's record at the same age Murray is now was... 1 Grand Slam win, 1 Masters Series win, 7 ATP Tour events wins.
Murray's record... 3 Masters Series wins, 9 ATP Tour wins and R/U in the US Open.

Plus Murray has had to contend against the likes of Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, compare that with Federer's early years...Roddick, Safin, Henman (Agassi & Sampras were both in decline by this time as well) nowhere near as hard, would you agree?

And finally Murray has a 7-2 winning record against Federer if you include the Abu Dhabi World Championship event.

So how exactly doe's that make him a bottler!?

He'll never win it whilst Fed is around.
US Open will be his first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.