Will next year be an even better year for bargains?

Fair enough question, but let me ask you one.

If you were to ask whoever you believe to be the primary decision maker at the club why they've only signed Grealish and are only looking to add Kane beyond that, what do you imagine the answer would be?
Pep likes midfielders - and is very popular with management.

At some point though - directors of football must prove their worth. Even though the manager wants a player - maybe it's not best for the club.

Pep likes midfielders - and is very popular with management.

At some point though - directors of football must prove their worth. Even though the manager wants a player - maybe it's not best for the club.
I feel like there's a far more informed and dignified opinion as to why Pep and the club have moved for Grealish and Kane beyond Pep simply liking midfielders.

I feel like there's a far more informed and dignified opinion as to why Pep and the club have moved for Grealish and Kane beyond Pep simply liking midfielders.
I'll bite - enlighten me as to how our management has skillfully negotiated this transfer window, signing the best possible players in terms of what we need.

It’s actually harder to sign players on a free… more teams at the table and teams like Juventus are experts at under the table payments etc….

Imagine getting camavinga & pedri for free to replace ferna and gundo. Throw in haaland on a release clause and that's possibly the greatest window ever including football manager.

Just read this comment, I think even though it’s a fantasy, that fantasy has still been topped by PSG

It’s actually harder to sign players on a free… more teams at the table and teams like Juventus are experts at under the table payments etc….
well lets join them in the dark arts, everyone thinks we cheat anyway

well lets join them in the dark arts, everyone thinks we cheat anyway

True but UEFA would charge us with illegal payments. We do have to operate “whiter than white“ being overseen by a Governing Body heaped with criminals and petty thieves waiting for us to make a wrong move - be under no illusion we are not welcome at the top table and they want us out. Think about it - if we were in Barcelona’s financial plight do you really think UEFA wouldn’t be turning a blind eye… of course not they’d be all over us?

True but UEFA would charge us with illegal payments. We do have to operate “whiter than white“ being overseen by a Governing Body heaped with criminals and petty thieves waiting for us to make a wrong move - be under no illusion we are not welcome at the top table and they want us out. Think about it - if we were in Barcelona’s financial plight do you really think UEFA wouldn’t be turning a blind eye… of course not they’d be all over us?
Very true and very appropriate use of the word WHITER, that's the problem our only problem.

Reactions: nmc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.