Pep's contract situation

Zidane clearly.:)

Imagine Zidane getting to the final this season. Lets say he wins it 3 times then leaves Real winning 3 CL in a row.

Then takes over PSG in 3 years he makes 3 CL semis but loses all 3 vs Barca, Real, Bayern. People would say he can only win it with Real with CR etc.

Then he would leave take over lets say United. And first season he would lose already in 1/8 finals vs Leverkusen. Then next year he would lose to Tottenham in 1/4 finals.

Thats where Pep is right know in terms of his CL career. He is getting further away instead of getting closer back to the top. And with his personality this is important that when he feels like he cannot reach something he wont stay. I think one of reasons he left Bayern because he was thinking he cannot win the CL with them.

Most if not all so called top managers could have their CL record picked apart
Luck & referee decisions play a big part in cup games
It's why the rags still win trophies even though they are shite

One year??? Doesn’t sound too positive for the long term?

He's never done long contracts anywhere he goes. It's just who he is. The important thing is to take advantage of it and win everything we can.

We'll be the choice job for any manager when Guardiola eventually leaves.

Not like you to be negative

I cant find any links to the 1 year extention. Where's is being reported?

Disapointing if true as it it could be another Pellegrini situation where the extention is used to stop media specualtion about the next manager. So worse case scenario he could be gone in just over a year. Or do you think this could be Barcelona situation where he keeps renewing year by year?

Hope its the latter. This week just keeps getting worse... this this last week I was giddy with dreams of going to Kiev...

Edit. Reported elsewhere to the Mirror as it cant be trusted as a decent source.

Last edited:
I cant find any links to the 1 year extention. Where's is being reported?

Disapointing if true as it it could be another Pellegrini situation where the extention is used to stop media specualtion about the next manager. So worse case scenario he could be gone in just over a year. Or do ypu think this could be Barcelona situation where he keeps renewing year by year?

Hope its the latter. This week just keeps getting worse... this this last week I was giddy with dreams of going to Kiev...

Edit. Reported elsewhere to the Mirror as it cant be trusted as a decent source.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pep-guardiola-become-worlds-best-12323302

It is the Mirror but Simon Mullock is a good source. I would believe it. It seems to be how Guardiola operated at Barca & barca haven't done too bad since he left. The important part is creating the machine. When the machine is there, you could need a competent group to keep it going.

If we can be this good after 2 years of Guardiola, where will we be after 4?

Can we win the Champions League in that time, or at least get to a final? That should be the next dream. That and winning leagues back to back.

Perhaps we win the league this season first! Then we target back to back titles and no question we go down as one of the Premier League's great sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.