Pep's contract situation

There’s no point to a one year extension.

If the club want him that much then offer him a 3 yr extension.

Either he signs it which is fine, or he doesn’t in which case we make it clear the search for his replacement starts now and we will shake hands and say good bye end of next season. Or sooner if a good replacement comes available in the meantime.

This is just ridiculous.

There’s no point to a one year extension.

If the club want him that much then offer him a 3 yr extension.

Either he signs it which is fine, or he doesn’t in which case we make it clear the search for his replacement starts now and we will shake hands and say good bye end of next season. Or sooner if a good replacement comes available in the meantime.

This is just ridiculous.
You do it in advance and we don't get to that final year situation we had with Pellegrini

He's taken a squad which was at the end of it's time, and created a team on the verge of winning a title in two seasons. Where will be in two seasons time.

You need to look forward and embrace what is possible. Will be a great period to be a City fan.

You do it in advance and we don't get to that final year situation we had with Pellegrini

He's taken a squad which was at the end of it's time, and created a team on the verge of winning a title in two seasons. Where will be in two seasons time.

You need to look forward and embrace what is possible. Will be a great period to be a City fan.

Without doubt the best period of any of our lives but you need stability and a manager constantly going into the last 18 months of a contract doesn’t give that. Especially one who has walked away from clubs before.

If he signed a five year extension (unlikely I know) I’d be fine and dandy with that but one year extensions just create uncertainty in everyone and turn season after season into the pep giardiola show and I’m not a fan of that.

Without doubt the best period of any of our lives but you need stability and a manager constantly going into the last 18 months of a contract doesn’t give that. Especially one who has walked away from clubs before.

If he signed a five year extension (unlikely I know) I’d be fine and dandy with that but one year extensions just create uncertainty in everyone and turn season after season into the pep giardiola show and I’m not a fan of that.
This is because of the rumours that were put out before about a long term deal. If he extends his contract, it's good news. Doesn't mean he wont extend again.

And in 2 years time, his work maybe done. It's enough time to create a great side. Real Madrid and Barcelona don't fall with the coach. Get there, we stay there

This is because of the rumours that were put out before about a long term deal. If he extends his contract, it's good news. Doesn't mean he wont extend again.

And in 2 years time, his work maybe done. It's enough time to create a great side. Real Madrid and Barcelona don't fall with the coach. Get there, we stay there

Fair enough. I’m not here to argue with anyone this morning.

This has still been a monumental season and the next one or two are looking likely to be every bit as good or better.

I just want to avoid months of media speculation.

First world problems eh?

Plan the right successor and he can build on the foundations Pep lays whether he's here another 2, 3 4 seasons we know exactly what type of successor we need so the club isn't chopping and changing style and direction. If you notice when he has entered the last year of his contracts his teams haven't dropped off, and it shouldn't when it happens to us because the players know what's required and will still be required when he is gone.

One things for sure, he wouldn't be thinking of signing an extension if he'd read half the comments on here slagging him off for only delivering one one of the best seasons in the club's history.

One things for sure, he wouldn't be thinking of signing an extension if he'd read half the comments on here slagging him off for only delivering one one of the best seasons in the club's history.

I know it has only been 2 games,well 3 if we include the Liverpool league match as well,and over the course of a season we all would have accepted the results we have had all day/season long.

What the worrying thing is over this last week,is the manner in which we have imploded,conceding 6 unthinkable goals in just 2 games.

I get he is not the messiah,that a lot have made him out to be,and it is solely down to the players when they cross that line,but the sides he picked in both defeated games are questionable to say the least,but I have picked up on the fact of the "tired" comments he was talking about,well he knows as much as anyone,the prizes are given out in May,so he better get them mentally prepared quickly.

Drawing Liverpool was always gonna be a shit tie,especially for us,especially all the hype,and not winning there for donkeys,but we had a great chance to get over the line for the league,and blew it,and I am so thankful,apart from this Saturday, when I look at who we have left to play,otherwise i would be shitting it,and to be dumped out of CL (probably) it is happen as well for him too,otherwise to blow it,would only mean one thing this summer,,,,,,,,gone

I know it has only been 2 games,well 3 if we include the Liverpool league match as well,and over the course of a season we all would have accepted the results we have had all day/season long.

What the worrying thing is over this last week,is the manner in which we have imploded,conceding 6 unthinkable goals in just 2 games.

I get he is not the messiah,that a lot have made him out to be,and it is solely down to the players when they cross that line,but the sides he picked in both defeated games are questionable to say the least,but I have picked up on the fact of the "tired" comments he was talking about,well he knows as much as anyone,the prizes are given out in May,so he better get them mentally prepared quickly.

Drawing Liverpool was always gonna be a shit tie,especially for us,especially all the hype,and not winning there for donkeys,but we had a great chance to get over the line for the league,and blew it,and I am so thankful,apart from this Saturday, when I look at who we have left to play,otherwise i would be shitting it,and to be dumped out of CL (probably) it is happen as well for him too,otherwise to blow it,would only mean one thing this summer,,,,,,,,gone

"when I look at who we have left to play"

You mean Swansea (15th), West Ham (14th), Huddersfield (16th) & Southampton (18th)? It's the easiest run of games in the entire season FFS, and you're talking about losing 4 and drawing 1 of the last 6 to lose the title and Pep getting fired?

Is this a fucking joke? Get a grip.

"when I look at who we have left to play"

You mean Swansea (15th), West Ham (14th), Huddersfield (16th) & Southampton (18th)? It's the easiest run of games in the entire season FFS, and you're talking about losing 4 and drawing 1 of the last 6 to lose the title and Pep getting fired?

Is this a fucking joke? Get a grip.
Easy for you to say but you missed out the mighty Brighton at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.