Pep's contract situation

It's been a shit week(or two if we count Tomorrow(fingers crossed), but fuck me, some people will never be happy. I don't think we will see many seasons like we have done this past one so I'd make the most of it if I were you. If/when he decides to fuckoff there's no reason why we can't keep rolling on if we play it smart. Could be worse...Jose and his absolute shite football and a derby day dvd to go with it.

It's been a shit week(or two if we count Tomorrow(fingers crossed), but fuck me, some people will never be happy. I don't think we will see many seasons like we have done this past one so I'd make the most of it if I were you. If/when he decides to fuckoff there's no reason why we can't keep rolling on if we play it smart. Could be worse...Jose and his absolute shite football and a derby day dvd to go with it.

I'm pretty sure this is objectively the best season in the club's history, and some people are too fucking busy bitching about how it's not been 100% perfect to enjoy it.

I'm pretty sure this is objectively the best season in the club's history, and some people are too fucking busy bitching about how it's not been 100% perfect to enjoy it.

Only 2 of the biggest games of the season is the gripe,what part of that don't you understand ?

I'm trying my best here,I really am,but it is so difficult

Only 2 of the biggest games of the season is the gripe,what part of that don't you understand ?

I'm trying my best here,I really am,but it is so difficult

Now you're replying to comments not even directed at you.

Believe it or not you're not the only person complaining about Guardiola, and not all comments revolve around you.

Now you're replying to comments not even directed at you.

Believe it or not you're not the only person complaining about Guardiola, and not all comments revolve around you.

OK,that is fine,just a subtle hint,that could have been aimed at me,anyway back to Saturday,I'd have sooner have been beaten by West Brom or Swansea,but had to be them

I'm not up to speed on this, but I think a very big factor - the biggest factor actually - is his family. Pep has made it clear that his family comes first, and it's essential to him that they are happy and whatever he does makes sense from their perspective; that their kids' education is not damaged etc.

So I think the one year thing is about not wanting to commit himself such that if the time comes for the family to move, he can't move because he's signed a long contract at City. He just wants flexibility I think.

I was very happy with the lineup on Saturday because I knew it was good enough to tear the rags a new one, which it was. Guardiola set the team up in a way which absolutely showed them up and was let down by the players finishing, his lineup and tactics were spot on. I didn't like the Wednesday line-up but understood exactly why he decided to change tactics from the game in January which obviously didn't go well, and the fundamental idea of adding in Gundogan to make it 4v3 in midfield is a good one he's used before to beat Klopp in the past. I tend to think this side is better when taking it to the opposition and I'd have played Sterling, but he was only just coming back from injury so maybe that played its part too.

Scorelines are disappointing but I can look past them because they're the 3rd and 4th game we've lost all bloody season and I don't think we're beyond losing a couple of games in a 60 game season, having already put the league out of sight and won the cup.

Perhaps I just haven't reached your level of entitlement yet, where winning the league by 13 points is not enough, where going out in the CL 1/4's is a disaster and where a league + cup double is met with apathy because we didn't win it on the exact day you wanted to.

Wish I could shake your hand. Well rounded response

I was very happy with the lineup on Saturday because I knew it was good enough to tear the rags a new one, which it was. Guardiola set the team up in a way which absolutely showed them up and was let down by the players finishing, his lineup and tactics were spot on. I didn't like the Wednesday line-up but understood exactly why he decided to change tactics from the game in January which obviously didn't go well, and the fundamental idea of adding in Gundogan to make it 4v3 in midfield is a good one he's used before to beat Klopp in the past. I tend to think this side is better when taking it to the opposition and I'd have played Sterling, but he was only just coming back from injury so maybe that played its part too.

Scorelines are disappointing but I can look past them because they're the 3rd and 4th game we've lost all bloody season and I don't think we're beyond losing a couple of games in a 60 game season, having already put the league out of sight and won the cup.

Perhaps I just haven't reached your level of entitlement yet, where winning the league by 13 points is not enough, where going out in the CL 1/4's is a disaster and where a league + cup double is met with apathy because we didn't win it on the exact day you wanted to.
Lone voice in the wilderness. You're absolutely spot on.

I may be wrong, but judging by posts here... the local fans are interested in defeating Utd more than in steady progress and trophies. And football as it is. Very sad reading.
Read some posters mentioning Mancini as an example of a 'right' kind of manager... That's crazy. Every footy fan knows that he's a nothing coach, blue part of Manchester is probably the only place in Europe where he's still valued. He'd be lucky to get to CL place in the current PL, will be sacked in a month for terrible results with the richest team in Russia, so you can have him back.

Did Pep choose the wrong club to manage? What's he supposed to think reading Bluemoon critics? Even ragcafe (!) have more balanced opinion on him, in fact they'd be over the moon if they could get Pep.
I'm not up to speed on this, but I think a very big factor - the biggest factor actually - is his family. Pep has made it clear that his family comes first, and it's essential to him that they are happy and whatever he does makes sense from their perspective; that their kids' education is not damaged etc.

So I think the one year thing is about not wanting to commit himself such that if the time comes for the family to move, he can't move because he's signed a long contract at City. He just wants flexibility I think.
Flexibility and power - short-time contract is a good tool to exert pressure on the board if needed. Besides, why would he stay longer if the fanbase dislike him and think he's not good enough just because he doesn't wear club scarves?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.