Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Absolutely fantastic news. I bet Jose custis and castles puked up when they heard the news.

The thing that impresses me the most is that we all give credit to Pep and rightly so, however...
Kaldhoon knew exactly what he was doing when he appointed Cheeky and Co years ago.
He played for the long term - even longer than where we are now in fact - and he has literally been nail-on-head at every single stage.
What a chairman and owner.

Take a bow son, take a bow.

Brilliant news, three more years of Pep is mouth-watering. Think, after a couple more seasons, going into the 2020-21 season, we could be fielding (ages at start of 2020-21 season):

Ederson (26)
Walker (29)
Stones (25)
Laporte (25)
Mendy (25)
Jorginho (28)
De Bruyne (28)
Bernardo (25)
Sane (24)
Jesus (23)
Sterling (25)

All with two more years of development under Pep!

Golden Era.

The thing that impresses me the most is that we all give credit to Pep and rightly so, however...
Kaldhoon knew exactly what he was doing when he appointed Cheeky and Co years ago.
He played for the long term - even longer than where we are now in fact - and he has literally been nail-on-head at every single stage.

We're coming up for ten years since the takeover. It was described at the time as a ten year plan. We've come so far but we are just taking off now! Unbelievable!!

Well put, James. From Khaldoon to Soriano, to Txiki to Pep, we have the best in the business. Long may it continue.

That is the best early birthday present EVER, thank you Pep.
Do you reckon the younger players (Jesus, Sterling) will now extend their contracts?

That is the best early birthday present EVER, thank you Pep.
Do you reckon the younger players (Jesus, Sterling) will now extend their contracts?
I think there are only 2 clubs in the world who could get our best players now, so fingers crossed.

Looking at Sane's personality - wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Madrid at some point.

Absolutely brilliant. All the pieces coming together to make us dominant in the English top flight (and hopefully Europe) for the next few years. A really young, immensely talented squad of rotatable players with a formidable, workable style of playing that can suit them all in different ways and a committed coach (best in the world) to engineer and oversee = the best chance at least that City could have to achieve even more. To be honest, the one none of us really thank enough is Sheikh Mansour. Cheers to the real gaffer!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.