Pep's contract situation

Still buzzing about this. These next three years are going to be iconic. Wouldn't be opposed to another 2 year extension, 2 years down the line. The signing of Pep and now the extension is a power move of astronomical proportions.

I think there are only 2 clubs in the world who could get our best players now, so fingers crossed.

Looking at Sane's personality - wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Madrid at some point.
Yeah I agree. I think Sané will be a rare case of a player leaving us at some point that we didn’t want to leave. But the rest will stay until they’re no longer in our plans.

To be fair, I could’ve sworn he said the other week that he can see him extending his stay by another year or two and that the conditions at City are pretty much ideal for Guardiola so he wasn’t as far out as some people think. As for posters saying he goes running back to Red Cafe, a lot of them over there have a real issue with him for daring to big Guardiola up.

I did indeed

I think for many cules like myself, it's bittersweet - on the one hand, we love Pep & his style of football at the club level so we get to enjoy it more until he moves on to a NT. On the other, it's a stark reminder how far our own club (particularly the shit boards of late) has diverged from the Cruyff path that Pep course-corrected the club so successfully

I have only said to enjoy him while he is here because he will not be staying long-term but 5 yrs is already longer than any other club will likely get him as a first team coach

This is el newso fabuloso. Now we have:

3 years for Pep to continue doing what Pep does with the players to hopefully add more titles. I’d like to see him taking a little more rest now and then,

3 more years to bring in players who can add something and fill the gaps left by those who are likely to retire in the period particularly David S ,Vincent, Sergio and Fernandinho,

3 years to identify possible successors for Pep.

Now I think there is a good chance Pep can leave a lasting legacy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.