Pep's contract situation

Poch spent the last nine months at Spurs just whinging and moaning. His negavity undermined morale in the Spurs players. I think he would be a disaster at City because he is not a proper leader.

Maybe if Daniel Levy was our boss we’d do the same !

My opinion is he does not deserve the job.
Indeed.

He lost 24 league games alone in just his last 2¼ years with Spurs. That’s Spurs worst ratio of league defeats from any manager they’ve had since Juande Ramos. To put that I to perspective, City lost just 65 league games all decade. Potchettino also won no trophies even though clubs like Leicester Birmingham Wigan and Swansea managed to win trophies in the last decade.

He’d be about 25th in my list for next manager.

Timing is everything.

Khaldoon referred to Pep staying long term and Pep has mentioned that he must be worthy of being offered another extension to his remaining 18 months.
They has both independently mentioned their work together being incomplete.Pep has one of the best football jobs on the planet and without doubt the most forward thinking, innovative and ambitious owners.

We will take stock and all move forward together, fingers crossed.

My take on Pep's possible extension to stay at City... it very likely won't happen.

Pep puts enormous - probably bordering on unhealthy - effort into his job - obsessively reviewing film footage - demanding strict diet and behavioral regimes from his players - nothing but football matters.

My honest guess - after 3 years or so carrying on in this fashion - it just catches up to you. Approaching the end of season 3 as manager - you simply want a break.
===
I don't know for sure - I don't have inside knowledge - but simply based on how Pep has behaved in the past, coupled with how extremely intense he seems to be with regard to coaching (based on his biographers) - I fully expect that this is our last season with Pep as our manager.

I suspect that he'll take a year off and then will select the most promising side to join as manager. PSG - should an opening there occur - would be my off-the cuff guess.

My take on Pep's possible extension to stay at City... it very likely won't happen.

Pep puts enormous - probably bordering on unhealthy - effort into his job - obsessively reviewing film footage - demanding strict diet and behavioral regimes from his players - nothing but football matters.

My honest guess - after 3 years or so carrying on in this fashion - it just catches up to you. Approaching the end of season 3 as manager - you simply want a break.
===
I don't know for sure - I don't have inside knowledge - but simply based on how Pep has behaved in the past, coupled with how extremely intense he seems to be with regard to coaching (based on his biographers) - I fully expect that this is our last season with Pep as our manager.

I suspect that he'll take a year off and then will select the most promising side to join as manager. PSG - should an opening there occur - would be my off-the cuff guess.
This is his 4th season already, lol.

We have been in negotiations for a few weeks for two players alone who would cost £150m together.

Pep has been told he can have the Sane money and there is £200m which is being appropriated from the recent stake sale of CFG.

The boy from Inter Milan will cost us £110m in July...

£200k a week is coming off the wage bill with Dave moving on.

Incidentally, Stones is still being kept in the dark over a new contract.

We also like Semedo at Barca.

I am concerned about the Sane money comment, i was hoping he would stay.

===

One of the lessons Pep took from his time at Barcelona was that he needed to delegate. This helped him at Bayern and also at City too.

I'm less concerned with Pep and more concerned about City. If he wants to commit to us until 2024, like Klopp has to Liverpool, then I believe he's earned that right. If he can't commit he needs to go at the end of the season. It's his decision, but I hope he doesn't string it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.