Will Pep extend his contract?

trevorriley

get the feeling he has other interest besides the pitch, he has a different relationship with city than he did Bayern or barca. Particularly how he gets on with khaldoon and co. Unless he burns himself out with his own personal pressure, I can see a few more seasons with the team then football director or higher up somewhere, this club is his cup of tea.

He has the chance at city to oversea the whole acadamy set up, transfers, style of football, future plans as a club. He admires what Cruyff achieved in football, with us he can build the whole club to greater things.

mayo31

Yeah, he's building a team again.

His footballing reasons for leaving Barca were that he couldn't bear to break up the side he created, and he felt they needed to sell of 3 or 4 of the key players.

At Bayern he picked up a side, changed the way it played, had great success but never the license to create it top to bottom, the board picked the players he got.

Here he's done what he wanted in so far as he's dominated the English game, broken every record going and proven his football works here. But we managed to get him to take on another challenge. He's now in the middle of rebuilding, and now he's started, I doubt he'll leave before it's finished.
To me he seems happy also here in Manchester. In Barcelona he could nothing without being pestered.

No doubt in Germany with their famous sense of humour he must have been unable to work due to laughing all of the time plus they are the most straightforward of people at Bayern - ;)

In Manchester although we love our football we also let people get on with their lifes, like walking down the street, going for a meal etc

I feel like he has found the balance he wants here and the club/owners will support him no matter what because the positives far outweigh (if there are any) any negatives

Keeper!

Is it me or do we seem to have several new faces on the coaching/conditioning staff?

SkyBlueCanuck

I have always had this idea in the back of my mind where Pep could become the Executive Manager of Football at Large for the entire City Football Group.

When you think about it, it is a unique position which only we can offer: the opportunity to oversee a worldwide adaptation of his footballing style.

Mr. Wednesday

Team supported
Falkirk
I think he'll stay a bit longer than this final year of his contract, how much longer though I wouldn't have a clue.
Some posters suggested that Garcia wanting to leave supports the idea Pep won't extend his deal. I don't go along with that at all.
Whilst I don't think it suggests anything definite either, I would say it's much more likely that Torres signing for City hints at Pep staying, pretty sure he mentioned how much his decision was influenced by Pep being manager.

lonestay

Said this all along nobody can offer Pep anything like we have, if he is feeling a bit crispy around the edges we are probably the only club that can say take a season off, go have an extended holiday see ya back here next season. Every other club in world football are handicapped to a degree by their past and traditions because that's how it's always been done. We have a past and we have history but we don't have to be beholding to that past and history. Our owners look to the future, and anything is possible when you do that. Radical ideas and concepts can then be used to break the normal.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.