Pep's contract situation

But what has loan of Hart got to do with City getting heavily beat? Total red herring. He was not to blame for any of the goals at Everton whilst some very poor defensive play by players in front of him is ignored. Easy target for non City fans to bash City and Guardiola. I don't see why City fans should join in. I liked hart. Doesn't feel like City without him, but it annoys me to see fans criticising bravo continually.

I agree fully! It annoys me when people say "bring Hart back" we still would have lost yesterday... Then people harp on about Bravo's stats saying every shot on target is practically a goal against him, if you look at all the goals yesterday they were bang on in front of goal, the only one which shouldn't have gone in was the fourth possibly? As it went straight through his legs, but that doesn't hide the fact that defensively, this and last season has been the worse I've ever seen our defence for a very, very long time!

We signed Bravo on the 25th August. Whilst I appreciate it was on the cards I doubt we would of let Hart go without this being signed and sealed. That then left teams with a few days to sign him. the top teams would of all had their goalkeeper situations resolved before this point.

Put it this way I would be very confident saying he will sign for a significantly better team this summer. Do you not think?

Yeah he'll go to a club like Sevilla, Everton or West Ham next season.

Hope we do give him a new contract, not backing the last two managers hasn't exactly worked out.

Great news if true. Hopefully we can hang on to the CL places this season and bring in the right players to mount a serious challenge next season.

Sounds good on paper, but means little in reality. Shows we're willing to back the guy, but we obviously were always going to do that - having this guy as our manager has been in the making for so long now, we were never going to give it up at the first hurdle. Also we've shown we're more than happy to have managers leave with a year or so left on their contract, so it doesn't guarantee anything in that sense either.

I suppose the most important thing it does is shows our stance, and Pep's, that we want him here & that he wants to be here - obviously a load of crap coming from the media about him, so would help ease the rumours, whether that's important or not who knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.