Pep's contract situation

As I said people can dislike Hart, I have my doubts on aspects of his game but to dismiss him solely on the clubs that came in for him last minute is illogical.

Hart is a very good keeper, but he's not on terms with the best and even Butland and Forster began to overshadow him.

The problem is that people grow too attached to players (Barry, Yaya, Hart, Kompany, Zaba) because we want a player with that legend status that United have with players. I even found myself wanting Hart to stay in hope that he could break Alan Oakes' appearance record, but they're the wrong reasons wanting a player to stay. When a player starts showing signs of becoming a lesser player than their former selves, then that is when you start looking at replacing them. I would have gladly seen Hart being a second choice keeper but he doesn't want that so you have to respect his decision.

Hart is a very good keeper, but he's not on terms with the best and even Butland and Forster began to overshadow him.

The problem is that people grow too attached to players (Barry, Yaya, Hart, Kompany, Zaba) because we want a player with that legend status that United have with players. I even found myself wanting Hart to stay in hope that he could break Alan Oakes' appearance record, but they're the wrong reasons wanting a player to stay. When a player starts showing signs of becoming a lesser player than their former selves, then that is when you start looking at replacing them. I would have gladly seen Hart being a second choice keeper but he doesn't want that so you have to respect his decision.

Agreed and that's a lot more sensible than he must be shit because Torino and Sunderland wanted him. I'm not emotionally involved, I was more than happy to replace the keeper if we was improving the position, the fact is he has been replaced by an inferior goalkeeper and is why fans will feel aggrieved and then bring Hart up.

Maybe, but if he knew that the board wouldn't sack him regardless of performances and that he didn't have an alternative way of turning things around (he's very much my way or noway, with his tactics) in say a year or 2 time, then if he felt walking away was the only thing saving the club going further back and then admitted to not being able to adapt to the English game, I would see that better than seeing him stay for the remainder of his contract and watching him struggle!

I still very much believe he will sort this out, I'm not saying I want him gone as that would be stupid after only 7 months, but I honestly think if he got to the point where he knew himself he couldn't make this work, then he would walk out the job.
Ah, sorry mate. i thought you were implying he was a quitter and would leave us in the lurch.
I don't think it'll come to it either, but if it did i'd expect an 'honourable' step down with the full but regretted agreement of the hierarchy

Right, so basically bringing a manager in and telling him "listen, we'll let you stay here for a few years but no matter how well you do as soon as our favourite is available you're gone, oh and we'll be signing players we think will suit his style, not yours, after this first window" is backing him? Good luck with that.

I'm sure given in the time of Pellers career he probably was happy he got a chance to manage in the Premier League, you think he would have gotten an opportunity like that elsewhere in the league? Both parties benefited from it in my eyes.
If we hadn't have been certain that Pep was going to be available in 3 years time after the sacking of Mancini then I honestly believe we wouldn't have chosen Pellegrini to begin with.

Won ten games on the spin?

Battered Barcelona?

Battered The Shite at Old Trafford?

Outclased Arsenal after going a goal down?

Revitalised the careers of Silva and Yaya?

Got Sterling playing the best football of his life?

Signed the most promising South American teenager in the world which every club in Europe wanted?

Signed Germany's most exciting young player?

Signed one of the best midfielders in the world for £20m

Binned off Wilfried Bony?

But yeh, other than that, what have the Romans ever done for us?
+++++

Second worse shots to goals ratio in the league. Let me guess every one was a worldie he had no chance with? Pointless wearing gloves, he doesn't use them unless it's to pick it out the net.
Just for a change I'd like to see him have to save a 6 yard poke in like we score. That's doesn't happen due to our high defensive line giving forwards so much space they can shoot from 15 yeards with no pressure.

I'm no major fan but he's up against 1 on 1's every time, although it would be nice to see him pull a worldy safe off or position himself better/make himself bigger etc

Signed on today ;) Can confirm Pep New Deal is underway.

All unemployed people are now eligible for level 1 Manchester City goalkeeper training. (you may lose or be sanctioned if you fail to attend the trial or save a shot)

Agreed and that's a lot more sensible than he must be shit because Torino and Sunderland wanted him. I'm not emotionally involved, I was more than happy to replace the keeper if we was improving the position, the fact is he has been replaced by an inferior goalkeeper and is why fans will feel aggrieved and then bring Hart up.

I don't understand what is going on with Bravo tbh, in 2015 he was in the La Liga team of the season, he was in the team of the tournament twice in a row for the Copa America and also winning the best goalkeeper award.

Now I've heard Bravo is 6ft tall which is the same height as Vorm and Lloris and he looks much smaller than those 2, he doesn't seem to have much aerial ability in him even though I use to seem him claw free kicks and headers away when playing in goal for Barca....

Whether he's just degraded massively or he's not confident in his team in front of him, I don't know?

Just for a change I'd like to see him have to save a 6 yard poke in like we score. That's doesn't happen due to our high defensive line giving forwards so much space they can shoot from 15 yeards with no pressure.

I'm no major fan but he's up against 1 on 1's every time, although it would be nice to see him pull a worldy safe off or position himself better/make himself bigger etc

Your keepers like Heatons and Pickfords who have impressed this year will face far more shots and one on ones a game than Bravo but will save a good share of them too. That's my point you just said there, would be nice to see him pull off a save, give us a glimpse of him carrying out the main attribute in goalkeeping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.