Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

I have always had this idea in the back of my mind where Pep could become the Executive Manager of Football at Large for the entire City Football Group.

When you think about it, it is a unique position which only we can offer: the opportunity to oversee a worldwide adaptation of his footballing style.

I think he'll stay a bit longer than this final year of his contract, how much longer though I wouldn't have a clue.
Some posters suggested that Garcia wanting to leave supports the idea Pep won't extend his deal. I don't go along with that at all.
Whilst I don't think it suggests anything definite either, I would say it's much more likely that Torres signing for City hints at Pep staying, pretty sure he mentioned how much his decision was influenced by Pep being manager.

Said this all along nobody can offer Pep anything like we have, if he is feeling a bit crispy around the edges we are probably the only club that can say take a season off, go have an extended holiday see ya back here next season. Every other club in world football are handicapped to a degree by their past and traditions because that's how it's always been done. We have a past and we have history but we don't have to be beholding to that past and history. Our owners look to the future, and anything is possible when you do that. Radical ideas and concepts can then be used to break the normal.

Said this all along nobody can offer Pep anything like we have, if he is feeling a bit crispy around the edges we are probably the only club that can say take a season off, go have an extended holiday see ya back here next season. Every other club in world football are handicapped to a degree by their past and traditions because that's how it's always been done. We have a past and we have history but we don't have to be beholding to that past and history. Our owners look to the future, and anything is possible when you do that. Radical ideas and concepts can then be used to break the normal.
Agreed but it's not what we offer him, it's his motivation and are the players still listening to him like when he arrived? Can he still motivate them? That's why a good squad refresh is so important this summer.

I am sure it will give Baldy new vigour and he will stay a little longer, but sadly can't see anything longer than a 12 month extension at best.

I hope he’s told thanks for everything but it’s time to move on and get a manager whom is going to play more direct and not this tippy slow shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.