Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

We fucked up against Spurs by being so defensive at their place and not getting an away goal. We got a pen and missed it and then just sat back and didnt play our normal game. Yes we were utterly fucked by VAR in the home game, but that away game still annoys me and was similar to the Lyon game.
But it doesn’t change the fact that we were cheated, and that’s the point I am making, we will never beat the officials over 4 knockout rounds, never. Let’s be clear, a marginal offside was given, a blatant handball into the net wasn’t. Not rocket science

He’s still the best manager in the world.

But let’s not dress it up, that team selection against Lyon was absolutely diabolical and he was directly responsible for us going out.

He’s got plenty of credit in the bank so of course we should be delighted and get behind him if he renews.

But if anyone thinks he’s beyond criticism and he’s doing us a favour by managing us, they need to work on their self-confidence.
Agree with you, but the players shouldn't get off either, the keeper was shite, the defence was shite apart from Cancelo, the midfield was shite, and the forwards were shite apart from Raheem (who missed an open goal).

Not enough credit is given to Lyon and their coach who gave Pep a lesson if we're honest, but we should probably still have won the game at the end without the errors (at both ends).

But it doesn’t change the fact that we were cheated, and that’s the point I am making, we will never beat the officials over 4 knockout rounds, never. Let’s be clear, a marginal offside was given, a blatant handball into the net wasn’t. Not rocket science
Those Liverpool games still give me sleepless nights. In one 2 legged tie there were probably 10 awful decisions all in favour of one side. If one tie should ever demonstrate how corrupt uefa are, then that is it.

With the spurs one, we were screwed 100% again, but we should never of given them the chance to screw us in that tie.

Agree with you, but the players shouldn't get off either, the keeper was shite, the defence was shite apart from Cancelo, the midfield was shite, and the forwards were shite apart from Raheem (who missed an open goal).

Not enough credit is given to Lyon and their coach who gave Pep a lesson if we're honest, but we should probably still have won the game at the end without the errors (at both ends).
The keeper made a howler at the end, it happens.

The defence - playing 3 at the back, which I think I'm right in saying we haven't played all season. Laporte is coming back from injury, hasn't looked in form or fully match sharp, played left of a 3 and looked totally exposed down the channel.

You've got a 19 year old kid with about 10 professional games under his belt playing in the middle of a back 3. The most important position. He's slow as shit and in a high line was left brutally exposed against rapid players 1v1 in a foot race when they knocked it over the top.

Then right centre back, you've got Fernandinho who has probably never played a single game in that position in his entire life. God love him, his legs are going and he's doing his best but was brutally exposed.

The midfield of Rodri and Blindspot, surely the slowest centre midfield partnership in the whole of Europe? Just constantly passing square and backwards and slowing us down even more.

That's not entirely their fault, there was absolutely no passing option out wide because we didn't have any wingers. Sterling and Jesus up front both being man marked with a spare centre half. So their only forward passing option was DeBruyne.

Not DeBuyne's fault, but it seemed like the entire game plan was for everything to go through him. So all Lyon had to do was not give him any space. DeBruyne without space and without runners is near enough obsolete. He's much better with someone alongside him, Silva, or Bernado or Foden, taking some of the focus away from him so he can find space to exploit.

Then Sterling playing down the middle does what Sterling down the middle does. It's not his game. The few times he did drift wide and run at Denayer 1v1, he tore him apart. If only he had been doing that from the start.

It just goes to show when we brought Mahrez on and went to something resembling our normal shape, the performance rose ten fold, because people were more comfortable in their roles. They knew what they were doing.

But that first 55 minutes killed us. Our confidence totally shot.

Twitter?

My Spanish is not very good, in fact i understand non of it.

Yes. Lu replied to Cheeseman's tweet with "no".

Pretty succinct and to the point. I asked someone I know who works at the club too, and their response was "nonsense" to the idea that Pep had agreed to sign a new deal.

I think those conversations will be had over the next two weeks rather than them having already happened and everything decided.

Yes. Lu replied to Cheeseman's tweet with "no".

Pretty succinct and to the point. I asked someone I know who works at the club too, and their response was "nonsense" to the idea that Pep had agreed to sign a new deal.

I think those conversations will be had over the next two weeks rather than them having already happened and everything decided.

lu did say García didn’t want Barca as well so he can be wrong. But I guess he is closer to Pep

lu did say García didn’t want Barca as well so he can be wrong. But I guess he is closer to Pep

He was very wrong about that, but it sounds like everyone at the club was taken by surprise by Garcia's decision.

As you say, Lu is closer to Pep than the entire British press pack. That circle is very tight and if he's saying that Pep's not agreed to extend, I'd take that to the bank. Especially when the 'source' on the other side is Cheeseman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.