Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Who's saying he hasn't done anything or he has been a failure in creating an identity for this side and playing beautiful football?? Who's saying he's a bad manager?

There has to be a next step after those achievements, this isn't Fergie's era where no clubs invest as much and United continue to dry bum the league aside an odd year or two. Clubs invest nowadays and City have invested heavily to secure their future, if City have to go the next level, and with Pep, they have to do it in Europe, it is quite obvious, and despite having rather easier fixtures to at least progress he has sabotaged the quarter finals on 4 occasions, the first time, no team, the second team, oh well, it was Liverpool, alright, the third VAR and Spurs, what of Lyon now? At this point an exit next quarters is almost certain and no one would even be surprised.

The Fergie comparison is rubbish, we have to look at ourselves and our aims. Europe is the main aim of this project now that the side has established themselves in the league. Barça, Bayern, Juve sack their managers despite league victories only because they did not deliver CL, it's not to say City operate on those levels or are even as big a club, but to ask better of ourselves is necessary every season. It's the standards we have set. But yeah, let us call other idiots and maniacs for wanting that.

Who's a better option at the moment then?

We have the best manager in world football, I can remember when we were going to York etc. Now some fans think it's time to move on from the worlds best manager who last year did the domestic treble for the first time ever. As a young man I could only dream of not getting relegated.

Comforting yourselves with past stories to be grateful of where you are, just to digress from the issue at hand. I guess we should keep Pep and keep spending millions without a CL trophy because hey, back in the day we were relegated at least we're alright now! Who cares if we don't improve in Europe! Unreal logic.

Comforting yourselves with past stories to be grateful of where you are, just to digress from the issue at hand. I guess we should keep Pep and keep spending millions without a CL trophy because hey, back in the day we were relegated at least we're alright now! Who cares if we don't improve in Europe! Unreal logic.
Ahh, that explains it. You're one of those CL trophy or nothing type of fans. Nothing in between, you either win in Europe or get sacked. It's an opinion shared by others no doubt but not for me.
Those past stories you talk of happened only 12 months ago BTW, it's not like we are Liverpool who waited 30 years for a league title.

You think supporting a manager who's brought us more success than any other whilst treating us to some of the best football we've ever played is 'blind faith?'
I mean, come on, it's not been perfect and he's made mistakes but your post is a fucking joke, the kind I'd expect to read from some 14 year old Red from Singapore.
A lot of trolls on here these days Pablo unfortunately

I think our fans would be happy to just have 11 players who’ll work hard each and every week, win or lose.

instead we are regularly offered rodri/Gundogan and an over the hill Fernandinho wade through a match in slow motion.

With football fans, it’s never really the winning or the losing, it’s the effort we really value.

Ahh, that explains it. You're one of those CL trophy or nothing type of fans. Nothing in between, you either win in Europe or get sacked. It's an opinion shared by others no doubt but not for me.
Those past stories you talk of happened only 12 months ago BTW, it's not like we are Liverpool who waited 30 years for a league title.

I'm not impatient, I've waited this far, I can wait longer. But it's disappointing when I see no effort and fans dismissing European campaign off after another failure just like it doesn't matter when it really does.

We will always be up there competing for league title be it Pep or no Pep, just won't be the records he helped us break.

And the past stories I refer to are the ones saying oh we used to be relegated look how far we come. How long to hold on that for? Teams won 4 titles in a decade you'd think it's still a relegation side scraping bottom half each season.

Reactions: Jag

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.