Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

We had abandoned our pressing game anyway, as far as I could tell. Zero pressure on the ball was a bigger problem than our defensive line in the first place

Spot on this is exactly the problem. Both the high line and high press need each other for it to work, but if the press is gone we should be stepping a good 10 metres back. Suicide otherwise as we have seen countless times in the last year.

He’s the best at what he does. Ask whatever questions you want but the club will be worse off when he goes.
Sure, we will still be there or thereabouts when it comes to challenging for trophies, but we will never hit the heights we have done with Pep.
We might never win by 100 points but yes we will hit the heights we have und
Oh we deserved to lose all right, absolutely no point in arguing against that. I just think that all 3 were soft and borderline. The Walker one was most nailed on of the three but even that had an element of doubt as the contact was very light and the dive could have been enough to overturn it. The other two you could quite easily change the agenda and make it as though the Leicester player kicked or caused the contact which is what they did for the Utd one and the general public / neutral would have probably seen reason with them being overturned. All how you present them. And how they are reviewed.
all 3 were stone wall , defenders caught on wrong side on each occasion , no complaints with them at all , we were shite .

Not as much as you seem to be missing the point
No you're missing the point, our defenders can just as easily panic and make mistakes sitting deep being pulled left to right while City have given up control of the game because they're no longer pressing. It's not a magic bullet, it's just a buzzword armchair experts like to throw out when they're angry at Pep.

He’s the best at what he does. Ask whatever questions you want but the club will be worse off when he goes.
Sure, we will still be there or thereabouts when it comes to challenging for trophies, but we will never hit the heights we have done with Pep.
Pep isn’t currently hitting the heights he has done either

Surely a new deal not signed is playing on the players minds as well. I'm hoping Pep hasn't hasn't taken us as far as he can but been honest it looks like its going that way. Have the players lost faith in his methods?

You are 100 per cent correct. The problem is that Pep looks totally shattered to me so we have a difficult situation. If Arteta had stayed we could have given Pep some recovery time..even a CFG role for 12 months. We have been spoiled in the last decade and now it's time for some of our fans to step up to the plate.

We had abandoned our pressing game anyway, as far as I could tell. Zero pressure on the ball was a bigger problem than our defensive line in the first place
We're never going to play a tradition deep defensive line, I don't think that defence is suited to it anymore to begin with. For Pep's usual high line we were deep(ie not pushed right up to half way line) and cautious with 2 CDMs. We didn't abandon the pressing game(just not doing it as well as usual), we'd have given up even more control of the game if we did, leading to more panicking and individual mistakes at the back in my view.

You are 100 per cent correct. The problem is that Pep looks totally shattered to me so we have a difficult situation. If Arteta had stayed we could have given Pep some recovery time..even a CFG role for 12 months. We have been spoiled in the last decade and now it's time for some of our fans to step up to the plate.
Sorry I'm too old for the job, but thanks anyway.

I have a simple method .

I look down the left of my screen , try to ignore post counts , browse through the user names , if they don’t post often , win lose or draw , I ignore the daft twats.

Works a treat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.