Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Love how you just sidestep the points made. Makes me think you have an agenda.

1) name 1/2 world class gettable leftbacks?
2) why do we always regress after a successfull period no matter who is manager? Even though its the same recruitment team.
3) only weak spots in our team now is lb and a more mobile cdm, hardly average now nevermind close to being below average.
4) is it peps fault that laporte, cancelo, stones, zinchenko, gundogan, bernado, mahrez(only just returned from positive covid 19 test), Jesus and kun are all injured at once.
5) is it peps fault the recruitment team took months to bring in a cb hes needed for 2 seasons?

He has a re build on his hands and if you look it isn't going too bad. Take a step back look at it.

Steffan/ederson not a better gk duo in Europe
Walker/cancelo/couto perfect blend
Dias/stones/thb strong
Laporte/ake perfect
?/mendy 1st teamer needed
Rodri/? Mobile cdm needed
Kdb/bernado perfect
Foden/doyle so much potential (would like aouer)
Sterling/braaf great 1st teamer braaf all potential.
Mahrez/torres strong
Kun/jesus/delap perfect blend.

Sell gundogan, zinchenko, nico and keep ferna around as club captain this year buy lb & cdm with cash.

Next year kun, ferna will leave and sell mahrez replace kun & mahrez and you have pep 2.0 team ready to go again. With some amazing kids snapping at heels to get in to the squad.

All in all he's doing a great job. Not many managers finish top 4 never mind top 2 transitioning a squad and losing players like kun, silva, sane, yaya, ferna, kompany (basically the whole spine) within 3 years on top of kdb out for over half a season, laporte nearly a full season, same with stones and sane. Yes he had faith mendy could come back as he was before, so did i, but I'm glad he did. Yes its cost us results but imagine the morale if he just got sold. Every player scared to go in hard/run themselves into the ground incase of a bad injury and no loyalty or patience shown.

Tell me again, truthfully, does he deserve to be sacked?

Excellent summary.

I wish we’d have a siege mentality but actually the fan base has grown incredibly weak mentally just like the team.
Turning on players straight away after a shit game, never trying to build them back up (gun dog, mangala, stones, Ota, mahrez etc)
Completely over the top dramatic nonsense about everything. Never slowing for thee circumstances and making it seem worse than it it.
The complete opposite to what we should be doing.
I’m not saying we should happy clap but a bit of fucking support for the people of our club, not just the club wouldn’t go amiss.
Is that the seige mentality of bindippers who wished death on lovren, karius, his wife and child, death threats to Gerrard, backing ex managers (only 2 days ago), managers and players loving a bit of racism, backing ex players who spit in little girls faces? Sorry pal but I'd rather have 24hrs of hissy fits from weak new age fans than the classless, vile cultist "siege mentality" of the murderous ones.

Is that the seige mentality of bindippers who wished death on lovren, karius, his wife and child, death threats to Gerrard, backing ex managers (only 2 days ago), managers and players loving a bit of racism, backing ex players who spit in little girls faces? Sorry pal but I'd rather have 24hrs of hissy fits from weak new age fans than the classless, vile cultist "siege mentality" of the murderous ones.
No you can defend the club and not be a murderous bunch of cunts.
But by all means continue virtue signaling

not having a go at pep so much as highlighting footballs quick turn around, more pressure on managers to perform over one season rather than 3.
I don't think pep handles pressure to well, he can bask in success more than most, things not going his way and he likes time out. His own pressure and expectations will drain him if we hit a bad run and have a trophy less season. So he might go himself as his contracts ends.
Our Hierachy could also see the pressure on and might decide not to offer him an extension and have a shock replacement lined up by march / april.
But who knows, players gel and less tired. New signings get the pep way, our injured players come back ( mendy & Garcia go ). We put a two or three month good run in and pep loves it all happy days. Its modern football.

Pep loves it at city outside of what happens on the pitch, he seems to get on with the owners and feels respected.

You know what? i'm fucking going to say it. Credit to bloody Liverpool supporters. They may be in a delusional bubble at times, they may be culty, but they back their manager and players as if they were the best.

For the best part of 5 years, under klopp, when they bounced between 7th in the league to 3rd at best, before they came even close to winning anything, i've seen them defend ther manager, argue it was all part of a rebuild and time was needed to build a winning team, and argue how good their players are. I remember thinking, how long does this build take, how long can that narrative last. No idea what their forums are like but from anyone i've ever heard, they've always backed their squad and management (helps when the media do the same i know) no end.

Pep came in, we started with a bang - but it's clear we are going backwards. Whereas you could tell what Liverpool were building towards.

I am just not really clear on what the plan with the team is at the moment, we lack any urgency and it all just feels quite stale.

No you can defend the club and not be a murderous bunch of cunts.
But by all means continue virtue signaling
No virtue signalling big man. You wanted "siege mentality" like "Liverpool fans". There isn't 1 good thing i can think of about their fans. Are some of our fans mard and wet, yes 100%. They cry on here and in the pub like little girls who lost their dolly. Yet if any player, ex player, manager, ex manger said racist things, spat in a little girls face, etc 98% of our fanbase has morals, they'd be disgusted and say so. So all I said was I'd stick with our mard arses over their vile shit EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE. A mard arse is happy and positive sometimes. Vile c@nts are vile c@nts ALWAYS. Just opinion though fella, cheers.

No virtue signalling big man. You wanted "siege mentality" like "Liverpool fans". There isn't 1 good thing i can think of about their fans. Are some of our fans mard and wet, yes 100%. They cry on here and in the pub like little girls who lost their dolly. Yet if any player, ex player, manager, ex manger said racist things, spat in a little girls face, etc 98% of our fanbase has morals, they'd be disgusted and say so. So all I said was I'd stick with our mard arses over their vile shit EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE. A mard arse is happy and positive sometimes. Vile c@nts are vile c@nts ALWAYS. Just opinion though fella, cheers.
I did not ONCE mention liverpool fans, the post I was responding to did. I’d say other than that your post is okay but it’s actually you ranting about a made up post in your head. At least your creativity is good I guess?
As for the point your desperately groping around for I do not and never do think Liverpool have a “siege” mentality, they have a “cult” mentality. Everything is for the glory and if anyone gets in the way they’re trash, even their own players. I’m actually suggesting the opposite, and we protect our manager and players no matter what( within reason) aka people are attacking us and we need to “siege” against it.
No one hates Liverpool fans more than me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.