Will Tevez bring us back?

Revol

The past few days there's been this talk of how we have no chance of finishing 4th any more because of the way we've been playing recently, and I suppose I can see where they're coming from. Notably our last few games have been without Tevez who is pretty much our golden goose, but he's back with us this weekend, so I was wondering if a place in the Champion's League is still a possibility with his return.

Personally? I honestly don't know. It'd be easy to say that he will score a few goals for us and earn a few points, but then, since the whole fiasco with the rags, he's been very quiet when he has been playing for us, save that penalty against Bolton and we've been carried by Ade more than anyone, who is now banned.

I'm not being a pessimistic moaner, nor am I blindly claiming we'll finish 4th. I'm just wondering what your opinions are?

If Tevez and Adebayor learn to play together we'll have the second best strikeforce in the league behind Drogba and Anelka, with the potential to surpass them. It is up to our training staff to work on their cohesion and chemistry so that both can bag goals just like Drogba and Anelka can, even if it means prioritizing one above the other.

Revol said:
The past few days there's been this talk of how we have no chance of finishing 4th any more because of the way we've been playing recently, and I suppose I can see where they're coming from. Notably our last few games have been without Tevez who is pretty much our golden goose, but he's back with us this weekend, so I was wondering if a place in the Champion's League is still a possibility with his return.

Personally? I honestly don't know. It'd be easy to say that he will score a few goals for us and earn a few points, but then, since the whole fiasco with the rags, he's been very quiet when he has been playing for us, save that penalty against Bolton and we've been carried by Ade more than anyone, who is now banned.

I'm not being a pessimistic moaner, nor am I blindly claiming we'll finish 4th. I'm just wondering what your opinions are?

I think we've got every chance of finishing fourth. Or we won't, and we'll finish in the top six. I've not really seen any crisis myself, that's just the forum making you feel that!

We got knocked out of the FA cup, it's happened before. So did manure, so did Arsenal. We'll be knocked out again in the future. Though as it happened, I just wished it had been in full time now, so we could have prepared for the Chelsea match.

blueinbolton77 said:
Revol said:

I think we've got every chance of finishing fourth. Or we won't, and we'll finish in the top six. I've not really seen any crisis myself, that's just the forum making you feel that!

We got knocked out of the FA cup, it's happened before. So did manure, so did Arsenal. We'll be knocked out again in the future. Though as it happened, I just wished it had been in full time now, so we could have prepared for the Chelsea match.

We're still doing fine, but the way we're playing lately I'm not sure if 4th place is guaranteed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.