will this be the year a youngster breaks through?

kunaguero10

we have won't the FA Cup and PL, and during these 2 seasons Mancini has been under pressure to play his strongest team every game and win every game.

now the challenge of winning these 2 trophies is gone, will these allow bobby a bit more freedom in being able to ease 1 or 2 youngsters into the team?

i think the last youngster to break through was michael johnson wasn't it? (i can't remember any getting a run of games since).

the 3 capable of breaking through this year are razak, rekik and suarez. suarez IMO isn't ready, he needs a loan (or plenty of U21 games, if they are competitive enough) in order to adjust to the physical side of first team football. rekik, again IMO, could be negotiating a loan somewhere, hence why he didn't feature in malaysia. also he is only 17 still i believe, so he can definitely afford a year on loan away (although he has been included in the U21 league squad).

that leaves razak, the oldest at 19, and this is make or break year. if he doesn't break through this year then he won't imo, age 20 is too old to break through at this level. however i feel he will get plenty of games, both starting and off the bench, and i have a feeling he will start against chelsea

Once he gets to 23 and he hasn´t made any real progress towards representing the first team we can say that it is over. 20 is too young nowadays. Our youngsters need to be brought through slowly and with care, it is not often that the likes of a Rooney comes along and is playing with men at the age of 17.

Time and care the key, not limiting it all to an age cut off.

Only if he is truly good enough.
Mancini will see in training if a youngster will contribute to the team.

We should always play our strongest team and we should always play to win.
We still have a lot to prove, especially in Europe.

Winning trophies is more important than bringing through young players just look at Arsenal.

Although where possible I would like to see young talent if they are not good enough tough shit

BlueHubert said:
Once he gets to 23 and he hasn´t made any real progress towards representing the first team we can say that it is over. 20 is too young nowadays. Our youngsters need to be brought through slowly and with care, it is not often that the likes of a Rooney comes along and is playing with men at the age of 17.

Time and care the key, not limiting it all to an age cut off.

Who said 20 is too young? That is complete garb. It's about talent - and if they are good enough, regardless of how old they are.

These kids have been training around the first team for a while now. If someone is 20 and Bobby thinks he can do a job - he will be in. That is a fact. His age will be irrelevant.

3 youth players who should make it - Suarez, Rekik, Razak

I have a feeling Hiwula will become a great player too.

What about the likes of Guidetti? Although I know it's idiotic to think he'll start ahead of Balo, Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko if he gets a PL loan I think he'll shine and we would have to consider giving him games or get a massive pay day.

As for Suarez and Razak both have the natural skill and talent there, but it's refining that and making it consistant that will be the priority over the next two years. From what I've seen of both they can change from brilliant to horrific within the span of a game, but they are young and with the right training/game time we will have to great prospects.

Lastly Rekik. I have no doubt he will be a great player and in three/four years time everyone in the PL will know him. It's a big statement to make but I really do rate him highly.

Look at it this way. Would SWP have made it under the current regime?
I doubt it because when he was the best young player in a poor team, he was given the time and the space to mature. However now that we are competing for major honours we can't afford any passengers.

Whether we like it or not, I suspect that City are looking across town at the way that United make so much money from producing fairly decent talent and them moving them on, usually to lower mid table or Championship clubs. Bardsley, Eagles and Rrichardson are three example from a list of dozens.

Guidetti is another example of somebody who might have made it when Royle or Keegan were in charge. Under Mancini we will probably get around 5m.

Razak appears inconsistent in the De Jong role, but he played well in Wolfsburg and Mancini has obviously seen eomething.

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
Look at it this way. Would SWP have made it under the current regime?
I doubt it because when he was the best young player in a poor team, he was given the time and the space to mature. However now that we are competing for major honours we can't afford any passengers.

Whether we like it or not, I suspect that City are looking across town at the way that United make so much money from producing fairly decent talent and them moving them on, usually to lower mid table or Championship clubs. Bardsley, Eagles and Rrichardson are three example from a list of dozens.

Guidetti is another example of somebody who might have made it when Royle or Keegan were in charge. Under Mancini we will probably get around 5m.

Razak appears inconsistent in the De Jong role, but he played well in Wolfsburg and Mancini has obviously seen eomething.
think about this, Razak been training for 2 years learning nothing under a complete-fraud coach Andy Welsh!!! I say he's doing brilliant!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.