Will this challenge make Pep stay longer

Behind the scenes Khaldoon etc are forward thinking people i think they have had meetings with pep and his agents and are aware of his movements i sincerly hope he stays longer than his current contract but in all honesty cannot see it i think with Var and all the shit the club has been through has got to him We all know he gives a major effort totally demands so much of himself i will be shocked if he doesnt take a sabbatical even more shocked if he ends up with the vile cnuts back in Germany

I think we'll have to spend big this summer, clear out a few and drastically change the defence.
I think Pep will be up for that

The problems we face with this are quite intricate though. Firstly, City need to stick to FFP - they absolutely don't want any irregularities with how much they can spend.

Secondly we are also bound by the homegrown talent ruling - that is City can have a maximum 17 non homegrown players in each squad.

Am i right in thinking that the maximum size of a squad must be 25? I'm not sure if an onloan player counts as a squad player though?

Just had a search on the internet and this came up - written before Delph's departure:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ty-are-under-pressure-to-sign-english-players

City are limited as to who they can sign, due to both the homegrown talent and the FFP rulings.

Given their current squad City would need to both sell and buy to keep inside these laws, replacing one player with another. which then either limits their buying ability to the contracts each player has, and whether they can include a player in any deal they like - ie buying Mbappe for £100 million and throwing in X (none homegrown talent) player into the deal.

Basically: to buy big Pep needs to sell big too.

And, City will, in all likelihood be looking at either up-comong talent or English players to bolster their squad.

https://www.mancity.com/players/mens

Having two English GK's probably helps a lot too.

Would love for Pep to stay on at City - he genuinely seems to love it here, and i think the relationship he has with the club and the fans has a lot to do with him staying.

Having said that, though, he was overly animated at Anfield last week, he's often spoken about the PL being the toughest league in Europe, and i think the stress of VAR, very poor refereeing decisions (not just this season, but last season and the season before) that go against us will, undoubtedly, have an effect on him.

People talk about this 'bottomless pit' of £ available to City - the fact is we don't have a bottpomless pit. The Sheikh might, but that absolutely isn't available funds for City who are bound on what they can spend by their income. That said, Pep's salary isn't the only thing that keeps him at city - the fans and the club have a lot to do with it, but also the challenge of winning plays a big part.

i don't think Pep is a quitter, he will give everything he has to keep winning, and i don't think he will let the bastards grind him down enough to quit.

Last edited:
Pep's agent says he's happy at City and a new contract isn't out of the question. Meanwhile Bayern are still stirring it up and the media still quoting them.

Pep Guardiola's agent Josep Maria Orobitg on a return to Bayern Munich: "In football, nothing is certain. But I spoke to Pep last Wednesday. He feels good at Man City and also in the city of Manchester, and he has a contract until June 30, 2021.”

Josep Maria Orobitg went on to state that ‘nobody apart from the press’ contacted him about the future of Pep Guardiola. In addition, there were no talks with other clubs. [via @iMiaSanMia]

a lot of the criticism/complaints and down right shit stirring seems to be coming from the German side of the water.

The shit that surrounded the current investigations - Started with newspaper investigations/hacked emails etc - from germany
Sancho transfer - germany
Bayern Munich and `~FFP complaints (regarding city)
Sane - B.Munich - all the constant tapping up and then denying that they were tapping up even though they apologised for their behaviour!!!!
Pep possibly wanting out (obvious bullshit) - Munich

This aint coincidence (or is it?) -its being led by Bayern and they are feeding stories to their press who lap it up and then its picked up by the British media

I’m pretty certain Pep will go at the end of the season. His family didn’t settle in Manchester and have gone back to Spain. May be the reason why these rumours with BM have suddenly surfaced.

I’m pretty certain Pep will go at the end of the season. His family didn’t settle in Manchester and have gone back to Spain. May be the reason why these rumours with BM have suddenly surfaced.
His family have been happy here for 3yrs,his missus has gone home for a bit to take care of her business and will be back ,pep still has one of the kids here,pep says he is happy and comfortable here still,aside from that..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.