Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

Would people be any less worked up if var didn't exist and we'd been denied a last minute equalizer by a referee's decision?

I share the OP’s pain but for me it breeds apathy rather than anger. We all had a girl we were madly in love with until she changed and we didn’t love her anymore.

Sadly this has been my reaction too.
Was pissed off in pub after the game, but by yesterday that had just turned to apathy and acceptance of the new live game experience.
Found out yesterday that no trains to Bournemouth next Sunday due to strikes, normally I'd be scrambling round to sort something else out to get there, but instead I just don't feel arsed about chasing around for it.

Would people be any less worked up if var didn't exist and we'd been denied a last minute equalizer by a referee's decision?

Yes.

The Referee gives an instant decision, right or wrong. VAR, or the People in the VAR room take an age to make a decision.

People expect the VAR people to get the decisions right. That's why VAR was introduced. Where was the penalty decision?

People in the stadium'a aren't told why goals are disallowed, even.though they know TV viewers know exactly why goala are disallowed. That is dreadful decision by the PL and PL clubs.

I would guess it's because the PL and PL clubs are petrified that showing the incident on the screens inside the stadium would cause trouble. Fans would go ballistic.

it'll probably even cause blue on blue incidents, never mind between different clubs fans.

A bit of Blue on Blue. A throwback to the days of West Brom away under Mark Hughes. I never thought I'd see our own fans cheering an opposition goal and then getting violent with us for taking it up with them.

Trouble post game is an inevitable consequence of what happened on Saturday. I'm in my late 50's and well past that sort of nonsense, but it took me the rest of the night to calm down. Violence between football fans has been going on for over 100 years and no amount of '2019 faux outrage' is going to stop it. The only thing that will stop it, as we have seen, are stiffer penalties and a greater chance of getting caught. Injecting this type of extreme feeling of injustice to a group of people who identify as a 'tribe' will temporarily make them forget the potential consequences I'm afraid. VAR will prompt what happened post match on Saturday again and again at football grounds around the Country.

In my opinion leaving the match going fan in the dark, is going to lead to more frustration than showing the VAR process on the big screen followed by the VAR verdict, like they do in Rugby. I’d find it entertaining and would enjoy the anticipation of either getting to celebrate a goal again or getting to laugh at the opposition if a goal is disallowed. If the decision goes against us then fair enough as every VAR decision I’ve seen so far has been to the letter of the law, regardless of how harsh it seemed.

Heard a few anti-Semitic comments after the decision. Some people really let themselves down, if you are using the words ‘gas chamber’ at a football match involving Spurs you really need to have a fucking word with yourself.
Not having a go at you at all, but it needs people to out these guys to the stewards so they can be removed. Just because they claim to support City it doesn't make them any different to any other racist.

In my opinion leaving the match going fan in the dark, is going to lead to more frustration than showing the VAR process on the big screen followed by the VAR verdict, like they do in Rugby. I’d find it entertaining and would enjoy the anticipation of either getting to celebrate a goal again or getting to laugh at the opposition if a goal is disallowed. If the decision goes against us then fair enough as every VAR decision I’ve seen so far has been to the letter of the law, regardless of how harsh it seemed.
Did our penalty appeal go to VAR?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.