Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

The pic that woman posted on twitter was in the stadium with no obvious segregation. I concluded that she must have been in the home support. Why the fuck would anyone, male or female, think its sensible to start up 'banter' in that situation is beyond belief.

I know the millenials won't like it but this is football, allways has been and always will be, its tribal and if you go into the wrong areas you have to be carefull and take responsibility for yourself. We've all been there, I certainly have a few times. Why push your luck?
She was in block 114 south stand which is split between home and away fans, segregation is a metal hand rail

Spurs fans really playing the victim in this article, surprised they never mentioned the Spurs fan thrown in the canal. I can only see this violence growing with the corruption and fan injustices. There is already extreme hatred of Liverpool; if this had happened at the end of Liverpool game it would have been like a war zone.

Interesting. I walked out with my lad disgusted as soon as the decision was made.

Loads of Spurs fans had already left and assumed they had lost. I'm in the South Stand and they were on Ashton New Road goading and walking right through City fans and singing VAR as they heard what had happened and being very threatening.

I felt like smacking them myself, so wasn't surprised that someone who couldn't control themselves did exactly that.

The police were telling Spurs fans to shut up and move on.

Spurs fans really playing the victim in this article, surprised they never mentioned the Spurs fan thrown in the canal. I can only see this violence growing with the corruption and fan injustices. There is already extreme hatred of Liverpool; if this had happened at the end of Liverpool game it would have been like a war zone.

Surprise surprise it's the Mail! I saw a few fisticuffs here and there and this was down to cocky Spurs fans getting in people's faces so getting a reaction. Did ANYONE see or know anything about the mysterious canal incident?? I am sure if it happened we would be seeing "City fan's try to drown/murder Spurs fan after dropping two points due to var decision" Maybe throw in racist/homophobic as well just for added effect.

She was in block 114 south stand which is split between home and away fans, segregation is a metal hand rail

Instead of posting this on twitter, she would have been better simply reporting it to the police and City.

But no, she has to go to the world. Now we are all classed as thugs, women beaters. Wait till we go spurs away. No doubt retribution will be attempted.

Why does everyone run to social media with videos or complaints. The likes are more important than getting to the truth.

What if it is made up, she has posted a picture of a lad, who might be innocent

Interesting. I walked out with my lad disgusted as soon as the decision was made.

Loads of Spurs fans had already left and assumed they had lost. I'm in the South Stand and they were on Ashton New Road goading and walking right through City fans and singing VAR as they heard what had happened and being very threatening.

I felt like smacking them myself, so wasn't surprised that someone who couldn't control themselves did exactly that.

The police were telling Spurs fans to shut up and move on.

Spot on Tolm I had to take a deep breath and keep moving and I am far too old these days to be getting involved in such nonsense at football, I had enough of it in the seventies and eighties, whether I wanted it or not. If a few of these gobby morons had personally got in MY face though I am not sure I would have exerted such self control.

You said it all you weren't at the game. I was and on leaving the ground saw some minor altercations. By minor I mean a few badly timed punches and kicks thrown, more for effect along with the "Come on then!" sort of shit that goes with it. This was instigated by your fans seeking it out, goading and getting in City fan's faces who were trying to mind their own business and go home. If you did that anywhere away from football the result in the end would be the same, someone would give you a slap. Now I am not totally exonerating all our fans, we have a fair few who are happy to seek out trouble I am sure. As someone who was at the game and saw a few incidents that is what happened, fact. So I'd think twice before coming on another fans forum and making accusations on a situation you weren't even witness to.
You could have condensed all that into 2 words mate.

I’d like to point out that it isn’t the disallowed goal on its own that got me going, it’s how these cameras are being used to back up every other teams appeals, but not ours.

I can take being beat, I’ve had a season ticket for 26 years, it came with the territory.

I can’t take getting fucked over and being told to smile and swallow

Surprise surprise it's the Mail! I saw a few fisticuffs here and there and this was down to cocky Spurs fans getting in people's faces so getting a reaction. Did ANYONE see or know anything about the mysterious canal incident?? I am sure if it happened we would be seeing "City fan's try to drown/murder Spurs fan after dropping two points due to var decision" Maybe throw in racist/homophobic as well just for added effect.
No that would be in the canal nudger thread ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.