Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by MadchesterCity, 18 Aug 2019.

1. bluestevei

bluestevei

I remember going to a spurs v Doncaster rovers 1/4 final of the league cup in 1975, spurs won 7-2 against a 3rd div side, and you know what, spurs fans instead of going to pub they was bricking the rovers buses, and going to kings cross to fight with rovers fans who only took about 2k was shithoues then and still shithouses now.

2. BAB.DAB

BAB.DAB

I'm in block 114 and it was nasty from both sets of fans, police in the away section of 114 in the disabled section were using hand held video camera to film what was going on

3. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Seems like she thinks she's important from her twitter feed....selling tickets for charity and being a tit whilst working in PR...great combo, not that I'm in ANY way condoning her getting hit but don't put yourself in that position.

4. Mancity1980

Mancity1980

I suppose, but the media will look for this themselves (and social media) as they always do when looking for referee errors, VAR errors will create even more of a fuss. A fuss the VAR will dearly like to avoid, particularly during the infancy of its introduction.

5. Marvin

Marvin

Bring your tennis balls to the next game.

6. Andyleg

Andyleg

I don't think I've ever walked out of a City game and witnessed such an 'angry' crowd. Pissed off with City … far too many times to mention … but pure anger at a late decision? Probably not.

Most people can channel that anger in the right direction … there are elements of our, and others, support who can't. I think VAR decisions, rightly or wrongly, will contribute to an increase in football related disorder.

Imagine how some supporters will react to missing out on a title, cup final or being relegated on the back of a call like yesterday's? It isn't right but it will happen as City/Spurs proved yesterday

7. YaYa's Left Peg

YaYa's Left Peg

Don’t kick the dog mate.

8. Fordyboy46

Fordyboy46

Exactly, just take it out of your house please. As for the handbags on Saturday, I can understand City fans getting worked up especially being goaded by cockney twats. Think we could see it a lot more in the big games this season, if Var continues to fuck us over.

Tim of the Oak likes this.
  9. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Agree on the last point. None of what she said might actually be true and someone’s life could be ruined by this.

The spurs fans were awful and im not surprised a few got a smack - they actually really remind me of arsenal fans. I think they failed to realise that ours fans will fight back if goaded or started on.

10. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

No definitely is.

Snow flake generation strikes again