Will we ever see a top 6 side relegated?

Bozo

Here's one for a boring two weeks of international football.

Considering the power, money and management the likes of City, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham now have, when (if ever) could we ever see one of these sides relegated again? In recent years we've seen Chelsea and Utd finish poorly, as low as 10th, but are they now so protected by their own wealth that the possibility of them being relegated is almost impossible?

Considering the power, money and management the likes of City, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham now have, when (if ever) could we ever see one of these sides relegated again? In recent years we've seen Chelsea and Utd finish poorly, as low as 10th, but are they now so protected by their own wealth that the possibility of them being relegated is almost impossible?

With the top 6 as it is now, it would need some kind of financial penalties or corruption charges to kick in, for any to go down.

Almost impossible.

I know you didn't ask this question but could any other club ever break into the established big 6?

I remember when Spurs were relegated in 1977, i think that was the last time one of the current top six went down.

They only just won promotion on goal difference on the last day of the season as well.

They scored nine goals more than Brighton, courtesy of beating Bristol Rovers 9-0 at home earlier in the season.

No play-offs back then either, you either went up or you didn't.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.