Will we ever see a top 6 side relegated?

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Bozo, 9 Oct 2018.

1. cleavers

cleavers

I don't think so, I know one that's had several relegations since then ;-) and were "top 6" previous to that, as well as now.

2. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Are you referring to Leeds?

3. cleavers

cleavers

I might be, but then again they're top 6 a league down unfortunately for them.

To be honest, I wouldn't expect our bolton fan to find the end of his nose, so I'm sure he'll be delighted with any offers of help, or maybe he'll just come back and say we are a fake top 6 club so don't count.

4. OB1

OB1

None of the current Big Six are likely to get relegated any time soon. Arsenal have never been out of the top flight. Everton, who could claim to be Big six contenders, have never been relegated IIRC. I think Liverpool were last in the second tier in the early 60's?

As we know only too well though: never say never.

5. BlueMoon Risin'

BlueMoon Risin'

We will get relegated when the Arabs fuck off. That's what I keep hearing of dumb rags: /

6. kenzie115

kenzie115

When you say ever break the top 6, it makes it sound like it hasn't happened before, but thanks partly to wee Davey, Southampton managed it in 2014.

7. Iamthemusicman

Iamthemusicman

May be wrong but I read it as the last time a team went from top 6 to relegated the next year?

8. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

I think he means go from the top 6 one season to be relegated the next. I think that '77 Spurs side were the last team to do that.

9. pace89

pace89

If anyone of the existing top 6 does get relegated it will definitely be City and will come the season after we win the quadruple.