Will we hang on to Sergio this summer?

Citizen Green

With Madrid being depleted of strikers it's fairly obvious that they will be interested in a number of forwards including Serg, I personally think we'll keep him.

What do you all think?...

well, after he bags 40+ goals this season, i hope they're prepared to pay 100+ million pounds

After this goal against QPR...hes more than just a world class striker...theres an emotional attachment and i am sure how much ever real bid we will never sell him unless he wishes to go, which i also dont see would happen in near future.....he may well end his career with us

Bottomless_Sailor said:
An English club is going to have to say no to Real Madrid eventually.
united did, only to capitulate a couple of seasons later, when viruses were back on the menu.

City to Real, in many respects, is no longer a step down. There is so much upward momentum with this club at the moment it would be difficult for anyone who was central to that to walk away from it. There's also the spirit within the squad to consider. Sergio as been part of a core group of players who have shared something really special, never to be repeated if FFP has any teeth. To be at the heart of something while it evolves, as City has in recent seasons, is a truly intoxicating experience, as it has been for all of us as City fans. That's also a lot to give up.

The bond he has with the supporters and the club will also play a part, but not an overriding one. His ambitions will come first and in a short career there's nothing wrong with that.

The point is that staying at City has as much prospect of him realising his ambitions as moving to Real. Spanish football has major systemic problems which may very well hamper Barca and Real in the years ahead. I'd be surprised (but not completely shocked) if he moved there in the next 18 months and I reckon he realises that it is a move he could very well live to regret.

All that said, if he did go, his enduring place in our hearts is guaranteed. He's been an absolute credit to himself since he signed and his place as my favourite City player of all time is forever guaranteed.

Unless we sign his mate.

Up until this season I'd have said it's inevitable he'll move on. Now I have some hope because of the his attachment to us (club and fans) but there are other factors against us like his son - isn't he in Spain?

Also, if I had a choice and didn't have family here then I'd live in Madrid or surrounding areas over Manc, esp if I couldn't go out enjoying Mancs nightlife.

I always felt he would stay atleast for next season, and Real would sign Falcao after the World Cup.

Now Falcao faces up to a year out with his cruciate knee ligament injury, i suspect Aguero will be thier top target in the summer instead.

Which worries me............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.