Will you renew?

No

I was already sick to death of shit K.O. times and a long commute, then came VAR and with it came the realisation that match attending fans count for fuck all. This was followed by the clamour to play games without fans and absolutely confirm we count for fuck all. The final nail was this stage managed politicising of the game with this taking a knee nonsense and BLM badges. Football is not politics and has for over 100 years provided an escape from other things in life, until now that is!

In short, watching City, good or bad was once a personal indulgence that was the exclusivity and sole preserve of those who could get off the arse every fortnight and find their way to Maine Road. Nobody who hadn't attended could offer any opinion and frankly anyone who hadn't attended didn't give a toss anyway. Players were human and were not the media hogging gobshites they are today. Games kicked off a 3pm on a Saturday and you could plan your life. What you saw was what happened and when a goal was awarded, it stayed awarded. In short, live football was affordable and accessible to the masses and those masses would dream that just maybe, it could be their year to triumph. Now we have a manufactured league where only 3 or 4 teams could win and the other 16 teams sole ambition is to avoid relegation for no other reason than avoiding financial implosion. How pathetic that we now have a sport where losing can result in financial catastrophe whilst clubs merely surviving is considered success, as their owners continue to feed their noses in the football trough.

No

I was already sick to death of shit K.O. times and a long commute, then came VAR and with it came the realisation that match attending fans count for fuck all. This was followed by the clamour to play games without fans and absolutely confirm we count for fuck all. The final nail was this stage managed politicising of the game with this taking a knee nonsense and BLM badges. Football is not politics and has for over 100 years provided an escape from other things in life, until now that is!

In short, watching City, good or bad was once a personal indulgence that was the exclusivity and sole preserve of those who could get off the arse every fortnight and find their way to Maine Road. Nobody who hadn't attended could offer any opinion and frankly anyone who hadn't attended didn't give a toss anyway. Players were human and were not the media hogging gobshites they are today. Games kicked off a 3pm on a Saturday and you could plan your life. What you saw was what happened and when a goal was awarded, it stayed awarded. In short, live football was affordable and accessible to the masses and those masses would dream that just maybe, it could be their year to triumph. Now we have a manufactured league where only 3 or 4 teams could win and the other 16 teams sole ambition is to avoid relegation for no other reason than avoiding financial implosion. How pathetic that we now have a sport where losing can result in financial catastrophe whilst clubs merely surviving is considered success, as their owners continue to feed their noses in the football trough.

A fantastic post that sums up my feelings almost entirely.

I could add so much more to what you have already said - diving, time-wasting, ticket pricing, foreign influx to excessive degrees, three awful new kits every year, experience in the ground, UEFA/FA/PL politics, etc. but you get the point.

As a match-going fan you are merely a television extra and no-one gives a f**k about you (at PL level anyway). You are less informed than the television viewer. Whilst some may accept this because a goal being scored in the ground is a better sensation than on television and thus outweighs being less informed, the implementation/application of VAR has spat on match-going fans. The sensation of a goal is no longer the same and you are not trusted by the authorities to be given the information or images explaining why certain decisions have been made.

I would be staggered if we are back to normal for the beginning of the season.

Me too but the way the Gov are going it appears to be a real possibility. Suppose we will have to wait and see what this so called timeline for lifting the last restrictions look like.

If lockdown taught me anything, its how much i missed match-days. Meeting my mates in town before the game for a few beers, the game itself and then making our way back for a night out. It's not just the football (which i'd watch on telly anyway) it's everything that goes with it. Supermarket and odd-jobbing it on a weekend isn't for me.

I'm worried about some of the post in this thread. Who needs the media to run us down when we have so many of our own people doing it for them.

This Coronavirus is here to stay,imagine come January and we’re back up and running your sat next to someone coughing their heads off,quick exit so is it worth it,putting yourself and family at risk.

No

You are David Conn and I claim my £10 Amazon gift voucher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.