William Carvalho

One of the players you can say is an ideal replacement for Yaya imo. Similar playing styles and would compliment the players we have in our team.

Last edited:
He's definitely strong and powerful for his age alright, that's about where I'll stop agreeing with you though.
He's a very technical player for a guy his size, lovely range of passing and controls play very nicely when on form. He reminds me a lot of when Yaya was actually a holding midfielder, rather than the weird giant Xavi with occasional surging runs that he became. He has that same slightly lumbering look to him, where he looks like he doesn't know how to run, then all of a sudden just starts bursting past people, or he'll look like the ball is caught between his feet, then just ping a lovely 40 yard pass in behind the fullback.

I don't think we specifically need him, but we do need someone like him or NZonzi, someone to offer that real power in our midfield now Yaya is on the wane. Someone big as well, as much as I hate to admit it we are a team of midgets and having someone to win a header in front of our defence would solve a lot a problems, especially if they could control the game from deep as well.

He's a very technical player for a guy his size, lovely range of passing and controls play very nicely when on form. He reminds me a lot of when Yaya was actually a holding midfielder, rather than the weird giant Xavi with occasional surging runs that he became. He has that same slightly lumbering look to him, where he looks like he doesn't know how to run, then all of a sudden just starts bursting past people, or he'll look like the ball is caught between his feet, then just ping a lovely 40 yard pass in behind the fullback.

I don't think we specifically need him, but we do need someone like him or NZonzi, someone to offer that real power in our midfield now Yaya is on the wane. Someone big as well, as much as I hate to admit it we are a team of midgets and having someone to win a header in front of our defence would solve a lot a problems, especially if they could control the game from deep as well.
Yeah I've mentioned the same problem with lack of a physical presence in the pivot role on here before, it's a problem that's become pretty evident. Don't think Carvalho is the player to solve it though, I've been disappointed whenever I've seen him on the bigger stage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.