Wills and Kate

SWP's back said:
urmston said:
Damocles said:
Yes, they absolutely are.

The state throws no money at them. they throw money at the state. Go back to page 20 and read through.

TV trash like Top Gear makes money.

The 'royal' family makes money.

The lottery makes money.

They make money from the gullible.

Stuff like that should not be run by the state.

The state should not be involved in taking money from the gullible.

It should protect such people, not exploit them for cash.
At least go back and read three or four fucking pages you mouth breathing idiot.
Come on, stay classy "pound shop Gordon"

smudgedj said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
Damocles said:
I find a lot of Republicans to be driven by jealousy which is irritating. The whole idea of "what gives them the right to privilege through birth" is often really driven by "why didn't I get that privilege".

This very much falls under Wheaton's Law to me:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI[/video]

The people who like the Royals like them and enjoy having them for one of the myriad of reasons. The people who don't like them decide that it's not just ok that they don't like them, but everybody else must also not like them and they must be deposed.

They piss about doing charity work all day, pay for themselves entirely and bring SOME measure of tourism into the country no matter how big or small that number is. They have absolutely no negative influence on anybody's life at all and the arguments against them are philosophical in nature.

When the two sides of an argument have one side that brings real value both financially and emotionally to the country/people and the other one is nothing but philosophically good arguments, I'll choose concrete money and concrete feeling good over philosophically feeling good. People on the left wing need to realise that they don't have to die on every single hill and sometimes a net good is just a net good and can be left alone to be a net good.

Yeah but... but...

No. It is sensible what you are saying. Lefties hate birthright. I hate it, you know the old Mr Billionaire banker leaves his fortune to his kids and they decimate the competition in their chosen game because they can afford to lose money for 10 years, then the monopoly is created and they can charge what they want..

It doesn't apply to this kind of birthright as you have demonstrated. Still though... arrrrgh! Silver spoons in mouths! Tough to get away from that ideology.

Birthright eh. Like the sons of Neil Kinnock, John Prescott and Jack Straw all parachuted into safe labour seats.
Will Straw has been parachuted into a Tory seat.

God bless the Queen, she came to the throne in 1953, and has never put a foot wrong since then, unlike some of her offspring.

Wills, Harry & Kate are OK though.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
God bless the Queen, she came to the throne in 1953, and has never put a foot wrong since then, unlike some of her offspring.

You didn't mention Charles.
So is he OK by you?
Given that he is likely to be the next King, does that affect your view on monarchy?

chabal said:
jimharri said:
I'm sure you'll all be tuned into Sky News at 8:30 tonight for an exciting extended report on the royal birth.

Only if Kay Burley is doing it from Nepal.

"So then little brown person. Your children are all dead, your house is destroyed and you have no running water. The birth of the royal baby must give you hope. Yes? YES?"

Hahahahahaha spot on! And gives me an excuse to use this photo! Many thanks!

[bigimg]http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w510/dobobobo/KayBcc001.jpg[/bigimg]

Len Rum said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:

You didn't mention Charles.
So is he OK by you?
Given that he is likely to be the next King, does that affect your view on monarchy?

Well he has his faults, talking to plants etc, but I think he is basically a decent bloke and he does genuinely care about inner cities, pollution, climate change and stuff like that.

Overall I am pro monarchy, and think he will make a decent king.

I can see the other side of the coin though, and appreciate many don't agree with it.

That's my view anyway.

I wonder what Morrissey says......
kate_2160350b.jpg

dobobobo said:
chabal said:
jimharri said:
I'm sure you'll all be tuned into Sky News at 8:30 tonight for an exciting extended report on the royal birth.

"So then little brown person. Your children are all dead, your house is destroyed and you have no running water. The birth of the royal baby must give you hope. Yes? YES?"

[bigimg]http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w510/dobobobo/KayBcc001.jpg[/bigimg]
I frequently find myself consumed with self-loathing for fancying her.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
dobobobo said:
chabal said:

I frequently find myself consumed with self-loathing for fancying her.

Her face could be markedly improved by blunt trauma.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.