Wills and Kate

johnny on the spot said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
dobobobo said:
Hahahahahaha spot on! And gives me an excuse to use this photo! Many thanks!

[bigimg]http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w510/dobobobo/KayBcc001.jpg[/bigimg]
I frequently find myself consumed with self-loathing for fancying her.

Her face could be markedly improved by blunt trauma.
Are you dissin' my bird?

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Len Rum said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
God bless the Queen, she came to the throne in 1953, and has never put a foot wrong since then, unlike some of her offspring.

Wills, Harry & Kate are OK though.

You didn't mention Charles.
So is he OK by you?
Given that he is likely to be the next King, does that affect your view on monarchy?

Well he has his faults, talking to plants etc, but I think he is basically a decent bloke and he does genuinely care about inner cities, pollution, climate change and stuff like that.

Overall I am pro monarchy, and think he will make a decent king.

I can see the other side of the coin though, and appreciate many don't agree with it.

That's my view anyway.
Fair enough, although I'm surprised you didn't have him down as OK in your initial post.
If a monarch wan't 'ok ' ( your criteria), what would you suggest should happen.

Len Rum said:
Fair enough, although I'm surprised you didn't have him down as OK in your initial post.

If a monarch wan't 'ok ' ( your criteria), what would you suggest should happen.

I didn't include him the first time round because he is far from perfect, for example cheating on his wife..(although I was far from a fan of Diana), but nobody forced him to marry her.......

Well there's no happy medium, we either have a monarchy or we don't. On balance (just) I would rather keep it, but I have no strong views one way or another.

I think there are far more things to worry about, such as goings on in the middle east and eastern Ukraine.

:)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
I wonder what Morrissey says......
kate_2160350b.jpg
Keats and Yates are on your side
But you lose cos W W W W Wilde is on mine.

dobobobo said:
Bluemanc100 said:
dobobobo said:
We're most definitely going to have agree to disgree on that one.

This is Great Britain not Cuba.... In simple terms the revenue generated by the Royals (boosted by the new baby) comes back to you and me (minus the Windsor's cut) ...

What has Cuba got to do with any of this?

How does it come back to me?

I meant that this is a democracy and not a communist state... You get a vote here fella

urmston said:
Damocles said:
urmston said:
Who is paying for William and Kate's new baby to be born in a private hospital?

They certainly aren't.

I've nothing against the 'royal' family as people.

If the state threw millions of pounds at me for no good reason I wouldn't refuse it.

But why should I pay for them to live such luxurious lives while they do jobs that anyone could do like opening leisure centres and bypasses?

Time to get rid.

Yes, they absolutely are.

The state throws no money at them. they throw money at the state. Go back to page 20 and read through.

TV trash like Top Gear makes money.

The 'royal' family makes money.

The lottery makes money.

They make money from the gullible.

Stuff like that should not be run by the state.

The state should not be involved in taking money from the gullible.

It should protect such people, not exploit them for cash.

The Crown Estate makes money from land.

I'd like to congratulate you in this thread of every single post being a new low for you. You're the Lionel Messi of shitposting.

Damocles said:
urmston said:
Damocles said:
Yes, they absolutely are.

The state throws no money at them. they throw money at the state. Go back to page 20 and read through.

TV trash like Top Gear makes money.

The 'royal' family makes money.

The lottery makes money.

They make money from the gullible.

Stuff like that should not be run by the state.

The state should not be involved in taking money from the gullible.

It should protect such people, not exploit them for cash.

The Crown Estate makes money from land.

I'd like to congratulate you in this thread of every single post being a new low for you. You're the Lionel Messi of shitposting.

Nonsense.

urmston has posted bigger shit than this plenty of times.

His post advocating a policy towards the Palestinians of "compassionate obliteration" was particularly shit.

Bluemanc100 said:
dobobobo said:
Bluemanc100 said:
This is Great Britain not Cuba.... In simple terms the revenue generated by the Royals (boosted by the new baby) comes back to you and me (minus the Windsor's cut) ...

What has Cuba got to do with any of this?

How does it come back to me?

I meant that this is a democracy and not a communist state... You get a vote here fella

But you're comparing Britain to the a poor country like Cuba for no reason I can see other than to suggest that's how Britain would end up without a monarchy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.