Wills and Kate

johnnytapia said:
What a couple. Just seen them on the news, paying their respects to the dead from 9/11. It just shows how humane they are, that they can be so in touch with the common man. In fact, I also saw Kate on a walk around the absolute dregs of American housing yesterday and the small children did doff their caps and genuflect accordingly but Kate, dear Kate, remained smiling throughout. Nobody could surely take the mantle of Diana and become “The People’s Princess” but Kate will surely go down in the history books as the one who came closest.

In fact, if you had to ask, in these times of ever increasing poverty, ever increasing mortality rates for the world’s poorest, what could be more uplifting than meeting someone who grins incessantly like an inane, equine goon, knowing all the time, that “royalty” (for that is what they are) will never, ever, ever have to lift a fucking finger. Because we pay for it, the poorest in British society pay for it. And for that, we must say that we, the citizens of this fair isle are truly truly blessed.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you…Camelot, sorry, I give you…Wills and Kate.

We are truly blessed with a million people in our country who can't afford to feed themselves and rely on handouts from foodbanks. It's so nice that we've got the Royal family a family that's so rich that we all have to pay for them.

Mike D said:
johnnytapia said:
What a couple. Just seen them on the news, paying their respects to the dead from 9/11. It just shows how humane they are, that they can be so in touch with the common man. In fact, I also saw Kate on a walk around the absolute dregs of American housing yesterday and the small children did doff their caps and genuflect accordingly but Kate, dear Kate, remained smiling throughout. Nobody could surely take the mantle of Diana and become “The People’s Princess” but Kate will surely go down in the history books as the one who came closest.

In fact, if you had to ask, in these times of ever increasing poverty, ever increasing mortality rates for the world’s poorest, what could be more uplifting than meeting someone who grins incessantly like an inane, equine goon, knowing all the time, that “royalty” (for that is what they are) will never, ever, ever have to lift a fucking finger. Because we pay for it, the poorest in British society pay for it. And for that, we must say that we, the citizens of this fair isle are truly truly blessed.

We are truly blessed with a million people in our country who can't afford to feed themselves and rely on handouts from foodbanks. It's so nice that we've got the Royal family a family that's so rich that we all have to pay for them.

A million people who can't afford to feed themselves !!

I grew up in the 60's and early 70's. We had 'nowt'. I paid for City with a paper round as my mum and dad struggled financially. If we couldn't afford it, fizzy pop, BBC 2, nice (new) clothes we did with out but we never starved, there were no food banks or other hand outs.
My Granddad died Circa 1938 leaving a widow and 3 children, my dad was the eldest aged 8. There was no state hand outs or widows pension. They had even less than me but they never starved either. there was a Royal family throughout both periods and yet no one moaned.

Food banks and whether they are genuinely needed are for another thread but a million people relying on food banks to live ................ please.

Mike D said:
johnnytapia said:

Jesus mate you're like a walking, talking inferiority complex.

Mike D said:
johnnytapia said:

We don't pay a penny for the Royals. Seriously people, read the thread before you post inane drivel.

Mike D said:
johnnytapia said:

11h749g.png

Mike D said:
johnnytapia said:

Except you don't, you idiot.

They pay for themselves as Damocles has shown about a dozen times in the last ten pages.

Try reading them.

I like my chip on my shoulder. Proves that I can see unfairness, which denotes compassion.

We all play the same game but the rules are different for some. The privileged. Someone said earlier that they wouldn't swap places with a royal. Well, neither would I, but that doesn't change the fact that the game is unfair. It seems obvious to me that you should earn your status/rewards.

This doesn't just apply to royals (I think it has been demonstrated in this thread that while they undoubtedly live in supreme comfort, they do have jobs, they do do things and somehow justify themselves, (although not sure about all the minor royal types)). It's my belief though that if mummy or daddy do well, and make themselves wealthy fairly, then their kids will benefit while they're alive. It is when they perish and leave a massive inheritance - that's what I think is unfair. The surplus wealth should go back into society. Not all of it perhaps, but most.

The bloodline bollocks is just that. The game should be fair. Those alive should have a fair crack at living. Once you're dead you don't have a family, you don't have kids, so a chunk of the excess money should be funneled back to help your species.

I am not competitive by nature and I'm easily satisfied, perhaps this is why I hold this view. Strange really seeing as evolution is basically a competition and none of us would be here had our ancestors not 'won' their game.

Something like that anyway. I think "the chip" is important (although possibly misapplied slightly with the royals - I can't make my mind up) in creating a fair game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.