Wilshere Joins West Ham

Looks like the West Ham board continue to target names instead of players. To be fair, Wilshere, Evra, Zaba, Joe Hart, Javier Hernandez, Yarmalenko would be the makings of a great team about 6 years ago. Maybe they have an out of date version of Champ Manager?

Looks like the West Ham board continue to target names instead of players. To be fair, Wilshere, Evra, Zaba, Joe Hart, Javier Hernandez, Yarmalenko would be the makings of a great team about 6 years ago. Maybe they have an out of date version of Champ Manager?

I think you're being unfair there.

Fabianski is hardly a big name but was very good for Swansea the past 2 seasons, and will be solid goalkeeper for any side outside the top 6.

Yarmolenko is only 28 and was good enough for Dortmund to buy last season so he's definitely good enough for West Ham, Felipe Anderson is another player who has a lot of potential, one of the best players in Italy when he was on form, but dropped out of the Lazio team because of a formation change, I can see Pellegrini getting a lot out of him.

And Wilshere was decent for Arsenal last year, and stayed fit, so he's more than good enough for a West Ham team targeting 8/9/10th position.

Have you even heard of Issa Diop, their biggest signing of the summer? Most people wouldn't have.

I think Pellegrini has the makings of a good side there.

Last edited:
West Ham have always been clumsy with money. I think if Levy took that job in the early 2000's he could have transformed that club like he did Spurs.

If Brady and Co had any sense they would have him on performance payment or pay as you play. They could lose quarter of a million a month if hes injured. Throw in Carroll as you say that's a lot to write off

Carroll, Arnatovich and Wilshere in a dressing room would be interesting. I haven't see them with scrappers since the Ruddock, Margas, Dicks and Hartson days

1 down, 1 to go, Carroll out for at least 3 months after picking up a serious ankle injury in a pre season friendly in Switzerland... Couldnt make it up, Willshere wont be far behind him..!

Considering I played at the highest level of youth football and then for some professional clubs I'd say I know a bit.

Hi, I presume you missed the alert where it said I quoted your post, can you tell us more about the level of youth football you played at and which professional clubs you played at as I am genuinely intrigued.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.