Wimbledon 2019

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Banned Tosspot, 30 Jun 2019.

1. journolud

journolud

Don't think there's anything wrong with the journos questions but I've only read them not heard how they were asked. Konta has come across as a bit prickly before, maybe this is evidence that she doesn't have the mental strength to be a big winner.

2. Banned Tosspot

Banned Tosspot

Is she whining again?

3. malg

malg

She sounds a bit of a wanker to me.

4. balotellishaircut

balotellishaircut

The journalist was a total prick mate, he was talking to her like she hadn't given it 100% and Konta put him straight, the tone in the journalist voice was all wrong.

5. purplenose

purplenose

She is just a female Tim Henman.

6. richardtheref

richardtheref

Stat of the day from the BBC. During the Williams/Riske match they flashed up a stat saying that the last time Williams had lost to a fellow American in a Grand Slam was at the US Open in 2019.

7. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

That seemed to be the problem for her, not the question itself although that seemed to be a reword of what had just been asked. I think she was a bit irritated by him providing an answer to his own question before she had a chance as well.

It came across as oily, and being overly careful as if not to cause offence despite being a little offensive, so I can see why she was irritated. I think it would have been fine to say "there were times when you missed a shot on a big point; how do you avoid repetition?" but it's still going to get "work harder" as an answer.

8. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

So one of the best in Britain ?

9. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Mrs Ewing was not happy with the question from the journo but I didn't find anything particularly objectional about it. Might be a gender issue!

10. Craig

Craig

Yeah but forgetting that the journalist may be a knob or that you don't like him the questions were not out of order. Watching that match it looked like she completely bottled it just like she did a few weeks ago in the French. If she didn't bottle it then her shot selection at times was terrible and she didn't adjust to how the match was playing out at any point. This wasn't like where Murray couldn't win a major because he was being beaten by 3 of the greats despite playing to his max or trying different approaches. Both these games she's lost in the last month were very winnable and she should look at herself. If she can't handle or doesn't like even being asked about it then perhaps that shows the mental weakness even there.

ancoats, KS55 and TheRemainsOfTheDave like this.