Winding down

tommyducks

Took a redundancy package at 51 from a fairly stressful job after twenty-odd years, and 6 months down the line have landed a lower grade, less well paid job in an office 15 minutes walk from home. No more management decisions and no commuting up to London on trains with standing room only. Just an honest day's work in a nice office as part of a small friendly team, and home nice and early.
Only simple things I know, but it feels so good I had to recommend it for anyone in a similar situation.

just been laid off again.
2nd time in a year, thought I had got thru the worst of it.

Fingers crossed will get something else pretty quick, so if anyone hears of pipefitters being required anywhere, let me know please....

Bilboblue said:
just been laid off again.
2nd time in a year, thought I had got thru the worst of it.

Fingers crossed will get something else pretty quick, so if anyone hears of pipefitters being required anywhere, let me know please....
Best wishes mate. Not in Manchester but hope you get something soon...

tommyducks said:
Took a redundancy package at 51 from a fairly stressful job after twenty-odd years, and 6 months down the line have landed a lower grade, less well paid job in an office 15 minutes walk from home. No more management decisions and no commuting up to London on trains with standing room only. Just an honest day's work in a nice office as part of a small friendly team, and home nice and early.
Only simple things I know, but it feels so good I had to recommend it for anyone in a similar situation.

Good on you.
Life is too short to be doing the stuff you did (more money,yes),but enjoying what you do and seeing more of your family is what it's all about.
Enjoy.

Sounds great...

I on the other hand have just resigned (on gardening leave) to start a job at a much smaller company with a lot more travel and a lot more responsibility/stress, chasing the money.

I fully intend to follow your lead though when I reach 50-55

Enjoy it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.