Windows 11..

My desktop started giving me random issues including shutdowns awhile ago, it drove me crazy checking and trying every suggested 'fix'. This was after a number of years with no problems mind.

I eventually gave in and wiped the HD and reinstalled only to get the same problems. In desperation (just before I started to buy new memory etc) I checked the BIOS for updates only to find that there was an update, but it was from before Win10 even launched. So Win10 must have had an update that decided the BIOS was no longer good enough. Not had a problem since updating.

I miss Win3.1, it even came on floppy's.

The beeping computer and the floppy drive kicked in loading the RAM up, great stuff mate. I still go back to windows 98se when I am feeling nostalgic to see that fatal error message when things go tits up ;) I keep a machine with XP and 98se with original hardware to get that proper retro effect.

Makes you wonder how many people either get ripped off by repair shops with hardware upgrades or actually go out and buy new hardware because windows is not behaving.

I have picked up fully working PC's on spec from people who have been told that their unit is dead, only last week I bought a full desktop tower with an i7-5820k for £40 because the "Computer shop" couldn't fix it, all that was wrong with it was that the boot drive was set to boot from the second hard drive and the windows boot manager was being bypassed.

I’ve been running a pilot version for about a month it’s ok but has been killing some apps particularly outlook and teams

I’ve been running a pilot version for about a month it’s ok but has been killing some apps particularly outlook and teams
With so many people working from home at the moment (and possibly permanently) that's going to hammer take-up. We use Outlook for internal emails and customer contact, let alone legacy Firefox because of the crummy software we use.

With so many people working from home at the moment (and possibly permanently) that's going to hammer take-up. We use Outlook for internal emails and customer contact, let alone legacy Firefox because of the crummy software we use.
A lot of the apps I use for work don't work on IE. Until recently most only worked on Chrome, but Edge is catching up slowly.

I dropped our techies an email about upgrading to Win11 for a laugh, I'm pretty sure they were frothing at the mouth when they replied (the quickest reply I've ever had from them) :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.