Windows 11..

You can add Dedup to stuff that isn't compatible yet, which is a deal breaker for me. Shame, as I wanted WSLG up and running (Microsoft having broken their promise to add it to the forthcoming Windows 10 release).

Still, there's always W10 21h1, which has proved extremely robust despite me trying out every single tweak and app and config I can think of. We should see the new W10 LTSC ISO any day now which will be a super choice for people.

Quick list of resources for Windows 10 and 11:

Download W10/W11 installation ISOs from Techbench Dump

Download / create ISOs and customise version, language, features and include updates at UUPDump

Rufus, to create bootable USBs to install these ISOs

Generic product keys for use with KMS Activation script

Tool to bypass ridiculous Windows 11 hardware requirements (TPM 2.0 and so on) (requires you sign up for forum)

Essential ways to tune your Win 10 / 11 experience for better privacy and usability:

O&O Shutup 10 - For average users.
Sophia Script - For gamers and people with some experience.
NT Lite - For enthusiasts - (alternatively sign up to MyDigitalLife for the Windows 10 Debloat script)

They don't ship IE with Win11 do they? That would be dumb as anything given they've stopped supporting it a good while back.
The company I work for won't be updating to Win 11 anytime soon given that we've only very recently gone to Win 10. Some of our stand-alone systems are still running XP, and we've even got a piece of test equipment that runs a Win 95 front end.

The company I work for won't be updating to Win 11 anytime soon given that we've only very recently gone to Win 10. Some of our stand-alone systems are still running XP, and we've even got a piece of test equipment that runs a Win 95 front end.
Jeez, that's even worse than our place. They at least had Win7 on the office machines although I've been using my own Win10 PC for the last 18 months of working at home.

We do have to use Firefox 52.9.0 for certain software, I find it annoying that I can't update to the latest version.

Sounds like a pen testers dream

Bloody hell you're living in the past. I'm way ahead of you lot. I'm running Windows 95. You've got another 85 updates to catch up with me.

Sounds like a pen testers dream
Fortunately the stand-alone machines and test equipment is never connected to anything else. The XP machines are regularly AV updated and are locked in a secure room with very limited access. Plus they are security audited regularly (using Snare and windows security logs).

It's our 'normal' systems that worry me more...

You work for air traffic control at Manchester airport?

W10 wrecked my desktop. Took ages to get it back together. Default cloud is a cheek, especially as they wipe the data from the cloud after ?months. Should be a simple choice when you save.
Can’t say I’ve ever noticed? Mine always default save onto the computer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.