Windows Vista

A A

Anonymous

Ok I have a new laptop but the question is can I load the same Vista onto my PC and use both online?

I will have to download it as you never seem to get the discs with new PCs :-(

You'd probably need a new one for it to be legal; don't think you can run two copies from the same license key.

CartmansBlue said:
Whats on the laptop, is vista not preloaded on it?
Yes it's pre loaded. I burnt a copy I downloaded and used the same key on my PC and it worked.

I have now found out that my motherboard is fucked though and that's why I bought the lappy.

Legally you can't do it - you must have a seperate licence for each machine, and the "sticky label" licences are only meant to be used for the box woth which they were bought (as they are usually very discounted OEM licences). But you weren't asking that ;-)

I have a sneaking suspicion that when you install the second computer and register the key then the Microsoft server will recognise that it was recently used on a PC with a different "hardware configuration" and make you ring Microsoft for a manual registration key.

For XP that is no problem - they just ask you to confirm you are only using this on one machine and give you some numebrs to punch in. For Vista I have a sneaky feeling that updates get knobbled on one of the machines.

Google will no doubt be your best friend.

BlackSheep said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that when you install the second computer and register the key then the Microsoft server will recognise that it was recently used on a PC with a different "hardware configuration" and make you ring Microsoft for a manual registration key.

It's dodgy is that... I swapped out a knackered DVD writer for a new one and it made me re-activate my XP. Hardly a significant change in the configuration you'd think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.